Chap 6: Break From The Shackles.

Sore laughed hysterically whilst floating on the air, as if he was laughing at my pain. However his intentions to me were unclear, what were his motives? Why did he give me this power? Did i even discover all of it yet?

"W-what d-do you want from me!?" I asked, my voice shaking and not being able to speak properly without stuttering. Sore landed onto the ground with the biggest smile i have ever seen on anyone's face.

"Oh, nothing much.. i just want you to follow me, and work with me. I promise i'll reward you handsomely if you do well." He said, raising his arm out to me.

"N..NO!" To Sore's surprise, i was determined to fight back. I grabbed onto his wrist and bashed him multiple times in the face. Sore did not retaliate, he laughed it off seemingly unaffected by my attacks even though with my base strength as of now a human's skull would be severed.

Sore tried grabbing me by the neck which i luckily avoided, getting away from him by rolling back.

"Ah, you surprise me.. you're already this strong for someone who got their power just yesterday." Sore said, slowly clapping.

"W-what the hell did you give me?" I asked, getting up from the ground breathing heavily. I tried talking to buy time to think of something else.

"Oh right! I should have told you long ago.. it's called Demonic Energy. It will suck someone's soul out of their body, shortening their life and affecting their health. Soon, you too will have it yourself so don't be surprised!" Sore smiled, a fake grin as large as a crescent moon. I gritted my teeth, rethinking my decisions once more.

It could've been different.. I thought, kicking the door behind me open and running off into the night. Sore didn't seem to follow me, however before the door closed by itself, i see him raising his arm out pointing at me before saying something along the lines of:

"Get him." I see shadows coming out from around the house, but it was so dark outside i couldn't see their faces clearly. I had no time to mind it, i ran away, as far as possible. I thought of leaving my home, but before that i had to say goodbye to my one and only friend, Kyle.

I arrived at the hospital after a very long while of running, thanks to my enhanced physical capabilities i was able to last longer on foot. Somehow i made it before the closing time, so i was allowed to come inside for only a short while.

I walked into Kyle's room, approaching his bed.

"Young master James.. what are you doing here?" Kyle asked, the regular soft and polite tone of voice almost brought me to tears. I sat on his bed, trying to put my thoughts into words.

"I..i'm leaving, Kyle."

"What do you mean, young master?"

"I'm running away, from my parents, my life, and my problems."

Kyle gasped lightly before replying.

"But you have to finish school, and your parents still care for you, young master." He said, i clenched my fist to hold the pain inside my heart.

"No, no they don't Kyle. They've never been there for me, even at my worst." I said, we both went silent for a moment before Kyle coughs and give me a reply. 

"I understand." He said, i turned my head in surprise. This isn't like Kyle, usually he would try to convince me what is supposed to be best for me. 

"..Thank you, Kyle." I smiled at him, Kyle nodded, a nod as gentle and respectful as a bow. 
I stood up and turned my back away, walking to the door i took one last glance at Kyle waving at him. 

"James?!" I flinched at the voice standing opposite of me. A voice deep and familiar.. it was no other than my father. 

"D..dad?" I said, not believing that he would come here. I frowned, knowing that he never cared for me. However, as soon as i tried turning my back i felt a pull on my arm. 

My father grabbed me and punched me in the face before pushing me to the ground, yelling. 

"WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE, JAMES?! I WAS INFORMED BY THE POLICE THAT THEY CAUGHT YOU BEATING A BUNCH OF KIDS BEHIND THE YARD! NOW WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? WHAT IF ANY OF THEM DIES?! DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?!" He shouted, i went silent for a moment before standing up and pushing him onto the ground. 

"I've had ENOUGH of you. You never cared for me, you never helped me when those kids were the one beating and toying with me. My life is just a bunch of MESS because of YOUR IGNORANCE!" 

I turned my back, walking past Kyle and opening the window at the corner of the room. 

"Now i'm leaving. Goodbye, dad."

"JAMES, COME BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!" 

I jumped off through the window, my emotions a mess at that moment. I raised out my fist and slammed onto the ground to stop the fall as soon as i landed, i stood up taking another glance at my father at the window shouting at me before leaving him. 

I ran for another long while, my legs started giving in as i reached the bus stop. I catched a bus to the next city, hoping for a better life. I opened my wallet, as a kid born from a rich family of course i had money, though i know that from now on i won't live in luxury as i used to before.. but that was what i needed. The amount of money i had was enough to feed me for a while, maybe- 

While i was lost in thoughts, i felt a tremor on the bus. The tremor became greater as the bus was stopped completely then before i knew it, it was flipped over. 

"Ugh.." I opened my eyes to the sight of people fleeing out of the bus, i did the same before anything could explode and put an end to my great escape before it even started. 

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here! Master Sore will reward us for this little runt's head?" In front of me are quite a few people in red coats, most of them masked except for the one in the middle. He stepped to me slowly as i backed up from him. 

Everyone on the bus had ran away, while the red coaters surrounded me. I couldn't call for help because i was in the middle of an empty road with almost nothing around, i stood there confused looking left and right at the people. 

"W-WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!" I screamed, my scream echoing on the dark sky beneath the bright crescent moon. 

It's gonna be a long night. 

END OF CHAP 6.