✷ ╴𝟏 | 𝐎𝐫𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐝 | ╴✷

✷ ╴Thank you for selecting this story to read! Updates won't be too frequent on this, as I have two other accounts and I hardly ever make stories with original characters made by me.

✷ ╴The cover art belongs to me entirely, and so will other art of mine within this book. The main character will be focused on Zora Vesper Aquanarania. I have no clue what species she might be, but some says she's a reindeer human hybrid. So, she will be called that.

✷ ╴Since I don't want to get descriptive on her appearance, here's a picture I drew myself.

From left to right, it's her as a child, to teenager, to adult. I know everything doesn't look too similar to her real appearance on the cover of the book, but I'm not willing to change the cover anytime soon.

✷ ╴Off of all of that, I hope you enjoy this book!!

└➤ ✷

A young female pushed aside some leaves, her gaze shooting side to side. She had not known who her parents were, let alone their identities. Her long, messy, jade hair had some small twigs and leaves in it. She wasn't a runaway; she just was an orphan. A village took her in just when she was a baby, yet the family she was given to couldn't afford to take care of her. They ended up giving her to the village's orphanage, where she was raised from her young age.

Her eyes looked towards a large cave, and she tilted her head, her ears giving a light bounce. When straightening her posture, she started walking through the mushy grass and mud. Her hooves made the mud slosh beneath her weight as she walked towards the cave.

Once past those large leaves, they swung together again. She smiled a little as she started walking more towards the mouth of the cavern, looking into the void of it. She was about to enter before her ears perked up, hearing a male voice.

“Zora!! Zora, come here!” It was an orphanage worker. The voice caused her to turn her head quickly as she had a mud-covered hoof raised but stopped her walk. “Where are you?” He shouted again.

A smile curved at her lips as she turned around, running through those large leaves again. Ducking under tree branches and running around the large trunks of trees within this wet forest. When she saw the lynx eared male, her ears perked up as she leapt at him, giggling as he yelped from surprise. Her arms were around his torso as she laughed.

“Ah, Zora!” The older lynx looked down at her with a warm and welcoming smile; “Running through the woods again, are we? Try not to, dragons and other predators lurk through there.” He warned, and she just smiled up at him.

“I just was checking it out, Mr. Larynx!” She chirped, “I found this MASSIVE cave! Bigger than the orphanage!” She let go of him, her arms out in the air as she exaggerated the size of it. He started to laugh a little, patting her shoulder with his large paw like hand.

He smiled down at her, “I bet it was, Zor-Zor. Tell me more about what you found while venturing through the woods as I walk us back to Kanúia [Káhn-ooI-ah] Village.” He said, her hand grabbing a hold of his hand.

She started chattering all about what she found in the woods, how she felt, and even asking questions about dragons. Larynx knew she was fascinated by them, but she needed to be strong. Each day, new heroes were made to protect the village. How were they made? The sun setting. If it set and if the rays hit the sky just right, the enchanted forest will send out an enchanted spell. Pretty cliché, though. Some villagers were skeptical of this, thinking people who suddenly had powers that of the elements found out they had powers. But the other half believed magic actually existed and believed in the legend of the Ménosh Sáki.

The elemental powers consisted of the following: Wind, fire, water, and nature. There were rare cases where others could combine each of these powers, making seasonal related powers. Ice, lava, Earth, and more were considered magical abilities over the years. Larynx always thought Zora's name was... Unique in a way. Vesper meant sunset, the ‘aqua’ in her last name, 'Aquanarania' usually was used for water. And Zora... Zora was a unique way of saying sunset or something like that, as well. It was her true name and true identity, considering it was on the bamboo basket she was delivered to the village family in. Larynx knew very well his own daughter wasn't prepared to take care of a baby, yet. Kamira was much too young, being 21 and all.

The walk finally ended when Larynx looked up at the large building of wood and leaves with moss covered some sides of it. “Zora, you may run off to bed, now. But do not forget to wash yourself off in our pond.” She was trotting off, her fluffy tail twitching when she heard him mention that she should wash herself off.

After about an hour, she was cleaned up and in a new pair of cloths, rushing inside the building. She was a somewhat quick runner but was known for her tripping habits. She'd usually grab a random book to read before bed, which she always returned when she awoke. The dining area and living room were both vacant of anyone. The fireplace was also put out recently. She knew evening would come but she didn't think it'd come super-fast.

Zora snatched a random book on dragons before darting towards the birch stairs. She rushed up the staircase, now trotting down the dimly lit corridor to her own room. Her room had a custom made sign from the staff themselves hanging on it. It read ‘Zora Vesper Aquanarania's Room’ in fancy letters with a sunset and the staff members painted on it. She always adored it, smiling up at it as she opened the door. Her room wasn't too big, but it was perfect to her. She soon walked into said room, gripping the book with her small hands as she shut the door. There were no locks, so people could walk in, but there weren't ever break-ins in this here village. It wasn't well-known by the human village, thankfully. She planted herself on the hatch of grass and hay with a knitted bamboo, grass, and fur blanket. The pillow was made of feathers and fur, as well. She laid back as her lanterns light flickered the now darker room, now beginning to read the book from the starter page.

This book was all about dragons and deity like dragons. She adored the designs and abilities each had. Little did she know, there was different sides each were on. Evil, vigilante, and good. If some were raised or are naturally good dragons, they'd be good or vigilantes. But evil dragons are made evil. By what? Nobody knew. All they knew is that they'd wreck havoc on anything they'd find just for sport.

Zora Vesper kept reading until her eyelids were trying to close on her, now closing the book as she yawned. “Maybe... That's enough reading for the night...” She set the book next to her bed on the floor, blowing on the fire quickly to blow it out. With that, she got herself under the covers and smiled warmly to herself, comfortable. She closed her eyes, allowing herself to slip into her slumber.

└➤ ✷

✷ ╴If you made it this far, thank you! I'm happy that you read my story, and just views are the best support I can get to continue making this. If I had to say anything, I'm personally proud on how this turned out.

Again though, thank you for reading!! Stay safe and take care of yourselves.