✷ ╴𝟐 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐠𝐠 | ╴✷

✷ ╴Woah, 28 reads! Thank you guys so much! Anyways, this story still won't have proper updates, and yes, I changed my username if you guys are curious.

└➤ ✷

Out in the play area, Zora had found herself resting against a tree while sitting on the ground. She was making small braids in her hair before a kid walked over to her, the female reindeer hybrid looking up with a curious hum.

“Hey, have you heard about the forest enchantment?” A boy with ginger hair had asked, sitting down besides her, “I hear the enchantments ROCK! I want to have the fire or wind enchantment!” His face now lit up as he saw the female smile.

“Yes I have, I want the water enchantment, comparing it to my hair. It'll match!” She raised her hand as she gestured to her cyan locks of hair. The boy made a surprised face.

“But your ombre would definitely look better with flames!” He whined, the girl shrugs her shoulders to his response before her friend suddenly put on another expression. “Then again... I heard there's also rare enchantments, too. Isn't that nice?” He stated with a smile, his gaze still latched on the female.

Zora Vesper Aquanarania had given a nod as she closed her eyes; “Yep! I heard there is ice, lava, forest, stone, natural disasters, and much more. It's unique.” She reopened her eyes, focused up at the sky with some clouds. Sometimes they'd pass over the sun and make everything look gloomy before moving again to allow rays of sunshine to make more growths on the planet.

The ginger haired boy snickered, before looking around as if to see if anyone was watching or listening. “Hey, can I let you in on a dare?” He whispered, wearing a face full of mischief.

The girl sighed as she removed her hands from her hair after unbraiding the few strands she had a hold of, turning her sights to him. “What is it?” She murmured back, an inquisitive look on her face.

He smirked a little bit; “A dragon laid an egg a while back but was slayed after leaving the cave. I bet you 10 gold that you won't get that egg and bring it back here.” He poked her chest in a teasing manner.

“But that's kidnapping!” She argued, blinking at him with shock on her face.

“It isn't if the dragon abandoned the egg.” The ginger haired boy retorted.

“No.” The girl crossed her arms and turned her head from him with a disappointed frown. She heard him sigh, still keeping her back to him. Eventually she heard the shuffling of getting up and footsteps walking away from her.

The female took a small glimpse over to see where he had gone before seeing the boy with fluffy ginger hair go through the orphanage doors. She started thinking about what she said, leaning her head back on the trunk of the tree.

She started to think she was a coward for not accepting the dare. What if she actually did venture out and take that dragon egg? But what if the mama dragon returned? Well, only one way to find out.

Zora looked up as her gaze followed some kids running around playing, their happy squeals and yells filling her floppy ears. She started to get up on to her hooves, dusting off her forest green skirt. The female looked around cautiously, seeing the staff members having a conversation and drinking coffee or water.

The young girl took her chances and darted into the forest, running at full speed. Cave... The boy said a cave is what the dragon egg is in... But how was she supposed to know what it looked like? Let alone the egg? She stopped running, her little legs getting exhausted as she placed a hand on a tree. The cave she exited yesterday wasn't it because she didn't see any shine in it... But she didn't go inside.

When she looked around, all she saw was a whole bunch of brown and green. Large green leaves and tall blades of grass decorated the forest floor, rays of light hitting certain parts of the forest that the trees would allow it to.

Vesper turned her head to gaze upwards, seeing the sun around the east, where she came from. She had to go south, which she looked forward before running forth.

✷ ✷ ✷

She finally got to the coordinates she was at yesterday, pushing some leaves aside as she looked at the large mouth of the cave she examined yesterday.

The cyan haired girl took a deep breath before taking a big step over a large branch, the leaves flinging back to their respective places after she let them go.

Her eyes looked up at the large cave. It was huge compared to her size, only being 5’3” at the age of ten, she was still surprised about the heights that nature can reach since she was usually taller than average human children, especially if her antlers were included.

Zora let out an exhale, slowly going up to the cave and looking inside. It was dark when it got deeper, but she'd rather stay where she can see.

She started to walk inside, her head turning all over the place to examine the area. Within her peripheral vision, however, she saw a shiny thing. Her gaze shot that way immediately as her slow walk stopped, the girl tilting her head. She then trotted to the shiny object, seeing it was a metallic purple-blue colour with scale like indents on it.

She knelt down, running her fingers along the edges of it. Soon, sympathy washed over her. She couldn't just leave a baby here to figure out how to survive on its own. She had to take the egg back with her.

After making up her mind and nodding her head, she placed her hands under the egg, struggling before lifting it up with a gasp. “Oh my goodness, you're heavy!” She huffed breathlessly, soon taking her leave.

“Don't worry, I'll figure out how to raise you and take care of you. I promise! Ryan owes me 10 gold now.” She giggled with a smile, proceeding to talk to the egg all the way back to the orphanage.