ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 19

In truth, Madeline's face was flushed and her lips swollen enough for Katy to notice but for once she decided not to comment on it, she was simply glad they had figured it out.

Ж

"So?" Xialing asked her brother.

"So what?" he asked her, not sure what she meant by that.

The smirk she sent him was enough to make him grow a light flush across his face when he knew what she was implicating.

"Ay leave it alone" he pushed her away from him as she laughed, the two of them acting like true siblings after so many years apart.

Ф

The next day came quickly to Ta Lo and the people of the secret city were prepping and arming themselves with their armor and weapons, preparing for the battle to come

It was the day called Qingming Jie which meant that it was the day Wenwu had mentioned the forest opened up in.

Madeline had donned the scarlet red armor she had received with gold trims and her golden whip adorned her forearm. She joined Shang, Katy and Xialing at the front of the group that was gathering in front of Ta Lo's entrance.

"He's here" Xialing informed them and they all turned towards the front field where they had first arrived.

Madeline softly brushed her hand against Shang's as the Golden Whip slid down her other forearm and into her hand.

In the distance, a flock of birds flew up from the trees they had been in forming a spiral in the air, something spooking them and warning them of the arrival if the intruders.

Katy looked up and went to grab one of the bow and arrows when Guang Bo stepped in and took it from her.

"No. You're not ready" he said sternly as he passed it to the elder woman that had led Katy to the firing range the first day telling her "She stays here"

Several jeeps arrived filled with heavily armed men. The villagers formed a barrier to stop them from going any further and forcing the cars to stop.

Wenwu exited the cars with his men, marching up to the village as they all held their weapons in hand. The man's eyes fell upon his children who stood beside the people of Ta Lo.

"Are you here to help the people holding your own mother captive?" Wenwu questioned his children.

"She isn't back there" Nan spoke up "You're being lied to by a creature who wants to destroy us all"

"Is that what they told you? I know my wife's voice" Wenwu chuckled, ignoring the other woman.

"I miss my sister as much as you do, but this is not the way to honour her memory" Ying Nan continued despite the fact that she had been ignored.

"Did you honour her when you turned her away from your gate?" he shot back at her.

"You fool" Guang Bo took a step forward "We turned you away. The sins of your past would have destroyed this place"

"Be careful how you speak to me, young man" he threatened the old man "I've lived ten of your lifetimes" he switched to English "Let me pass"

"We cannot do that" Nan said firmly as she tightened her hold on her own weapon.

The Ten Rings took their stances with a grunt and they waited for Wenwu's order. Golden Whip began hissing as it slid down to Madeline's feet while everyone remained silent and still. Wenwu turned around with a sigh of disappointment yet an unbothered look.

"Burn it down" he ordered.

The men shot themselves at the villagers in a single bout, one of their electric nets encasing a villager and killing him as the rest of the people looked down in horror.

With an angry war cry, Guang Bo ordered his people forward with a Mandarin command.

Madeline and Xialing were some of the first to attack as their long weapons slid through the enemy defences in a dance of rope and gold.

Shang jumped past them and kicked a man down before punching him in the back. Xialing jumped onto another man, strangling him with her weapon like Madeline did to another.

From across the battle field which was now crawling with people fighting each other from all sides, Madeline saw Wenwu pause in front of Ying Nan as the older woman bared her arms at him.

A familiar looking man wearing full faced mask leaped in between the two of them and faced Nan, allowing Wenwu to escape.

"Shang!" Madeline shouted to the young man.

"Stop him!" Xialing shouted.

Ж

Shang trailed behind the man that was his father into the main hut to find the other man standing in front of his mother's photo. Wenwu looked over his shoulder to acknowledge him and he turned around.

"Are you planning to stop me all by yourself?" he asked his son in a mocking tone.

Shang took another step closer to his father as the other man did the same.

"I'm not afraid of you" Shang Chi let out a sharp exhale.

"Yes, you are" Wenwu sneered at his son.

Ж

While Shang was facing off with his father, the battle down in front of the village was still ongoing.

Madelaine snapped her whip down on another guy earning a shout from him.

"How you doing?" Xialing asked her as they came back-to-back.

"Good. You?" she asked her.

"Good as well" she responded as she swung the octahedron at a man's head "So, what's going on between you and my brother?"

Madelaine stumbled a bit nearly costing her head as a man swung his electrical baton at her.

Ж

"You've spent your entire life afraid. Always running, always hiding" Wenwu told his son.

He pushed Shang Chi back with the power of the rings making the young man fly back a few feet. Shang stopped his fall with the tip of his Bo staff.

Shang Chi swung his baton and all Wenwu did was back his head back s bit so it didn't hit him. Shang threw it down on him and Wenwu stopped it with the rings on his forearm.

The younger man continued to try and hit his father, Wenwu swiping the Bo staff away from himself as they fought on the jade ring beneath them.

As they continued, Wenwu threw Shang to the floor after blocking a few other hits.

"You were there when they came for her, and you did nothing" Wenwu said angrily looking down on his son "You stood at a window and watched her die!"