ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 23

Shang Chi fell on the dragon, Madeline bringing back her whip to her as she grabbed onto the man's arm to pull him back onto the dragon.

The dragon landed carefully and the three of them stepped down from it.

"Katy!" Madeline shouted as she saw her friend from the buildings of the village.

She and Shang Chi ran at her friend and pulled her into a tight hug.

There was a sweet goodbye for the people that had died during the battle when they all let their own lanterns and they released them onto the water, the Protector creating some soft gusts of wind to move them about.

Madeline and Shang huddled up close together, the woman leaning her head on the man's shoulder and his arm coming around her shoulder.

Madeline smiled when she saw Katy and Xialing standing closer to each other to comfort one another.

Shang kissed her temple tenderly making her nuzzle in closer to him with a smile. She turned her head up at him as he looked down at her, both admiring the other as the light of the next day came up.

Ф

"I seriously thought we were going to die" Katy said as they were sat back in the same bar where they had met Soo before the whole thing "And I'd only learned how to shoot a bow, like, a day earlier, now Im on a battlefield, killing all these Soul Suckers with Shaun's aunty, who's this awesome, magical kung fu goddess..."

"And Im hanging on to The Great Protector with my sister and Madeline at this point, trying not to get eaten by the Mega Soul Sucker" Shang Chi continued for her.

"Oh, the Mega Soul Sucker was such a nasty bitch" Madeline said as she took a sip from her drink.

"Yeah. It was trying to eat our dragons soul" Shang said dramatically.

"Which would have allowed it to destroy the entire universe"

"Yeah" Madeline nodded.

I" only had one arrow left, and all I could hear in the back of my mind was my mom's voice saying, 'Just take the shot, you little mooch!' And so, I aimed right for the Suckers throat and I let her fly"

"She hit it dead on"

"And then Shaun used the Ten Rings to do this crazy Kamehameha fireball that exploded the thing" Madeline interjected.

"...and he saved the world"

"Yeah, we, uh, lost some good people that day but we made it"

Madeline linked her hand with his.

"We made it"

"Are you done mocking me?" Soo asked.

"Oh, no. We're not mocking you"

"So where is this sister of yours?"

"She's back at my dads compound, shutting down his operations"

"Yeah, his dad was the head of The Ten Rings for the past thousand years" Katy said.

"Two weeks ago, you were parking cars for tips, and you want me to believe you're now saving the world from soul-sucking monsters? I know, you're trying to get me back for what I said last time, but Im not gonna apologise" Soo said. A portal opened behind her "...for speaking the truth as a friend. I really meant what I said, and, in fact, I actually think this whole bit you're doing just further proves my point. You guys are obviously"

"Shang-Chi. Shang-Chi" Wong the sorcerer asked as he came out.

"Uh Here. Present" the called-out man raised his hand.

"My name is Wong"

"Yeah, I know, sir. I'm a huge fan..."

"Do you have the rings?" he asked "And the whip?"

"Uh Yeah, yes" Shang and Madeline nodded.

"Good. Let's go, we have a lot to talk about. You too"

"Me too?" Madeline held up Katy.

"I think we should...Uh, we gotta go"

"Yeah. I know this is, like, crazy, but Im gonna text you, and well do this again...I'll Venmo you for the..."

"Nice to see you, John" Madeline said as she hooked her arm around her boyfriend's

Ф

"Hmm. They don't match any artefacts from our codex. What do you think?"

"Mm, Im not sure. They're not vibranium. Chitauri?" Bruce Banner said as they examined the Ten Rings and the Golden Whip.

"Not like any alien tech I've seen. How long did your dad have them before he gave them to you?" Carol Danvers said.

"Um About a thousand years? Yeah" he looked at Madeline for confirmation "Yeah, a thousand years"

"Their thermoluminescence indicates they're older than that. By a lot" Bruce said.

"The first time you used the rings, we felt it in Kamar-Taj" Wong replied.

"What is it?" Katy asked.

"A beacon" the blonde in the platform nodded.

"They're sending a message"

"A message to where?" Shang Chi asked.

"I'm so sorry. I have to deal with this. You can get my number from Bruce. It was so nice to meet you" Carol said as her 'phone' beeped.

"Yeah, I...I don't have her number. She...She does this a lot. Guys, stay safe. Welcome to the circus" Bruce said.

"I know this is a lot to take in, but you're gonna have to start getting used to that. From now on, the trajectory of your lives will be like nothing you've ever experienced before. And there's no going back. You both have a long journey ahead of you. Go home, get some rest" Wong told them.

"Yeah. That's a good idea" Madeline said.

"Yeah. Yeah, we probably should do that. Or..."

Ф

That night they spent the rest of their time back at the karaoke, singing their songs as Katy made a quick call to Xialing who was now the new Ten Rings leader.

Madeline hugged Shang's shoulder as they leaned into the same microphone. Shang Chi looked down at her and bent in to give her a kiss that deepened in their slightly drunken state until Katy noticed them.

"Hey, ew. Get a room you two" she cried out.

The all laughed together the rest of the night.