|Chapter 12|

Another day finished for the sheriff. With not a single rowdy call from Holly.
He hoped for tonight anyway.
Pushing his chair back he let out a long and tiresome sigh. A days work wasn't a easy one and always took every drop of energy from his system. Pulling a signature cigarette he ignited it, hoping to refill his energy again along with drowning others. He stared around the cluttered and dusty area that was his office. Not one window in the room bringing light and air inside, no, a dim light and a single fan took that role. Taking another puff he brought his attention to the lonely trench coat hung on the wooden coat hanger. He has almost been avoiding it as the coat itself has been smeared in Snows scent after the cold night they expressed each other's feelings. Thinking back to that made a smile creep on his face. Only for building up the courage to ask her for that walk, those words would still be trapped inside him.
Hearing her return them was more than joyous moment for him but more a life changing moment.
He finally knows that Snow White loves him.

Knocking at his door pulled him away from his thinking back. He pulled in his chair and stubbed out his cigarette before calling to his door, "come in"
And there she was. With a cup of coffee in hand and a file in the other. "Just got a new file in about a new Fable in town. You know what that means" She said with a singing tone on the word means. Bigby chuckled at her joking, "interrogation?"
She nodded with a smile, allowing the door to close itself whilst placing the ivory file on his desk. Bigby glanced at it and picked it up.
"So?"
He continued soaking up each detail on the new fable before placing the file next to his ashtray, "nothing strange but background checks are in order for him. Bring him in whenever suits us"
"Good" she said simply and Bigby watched her vision trace across the tiny expanse around her. He didn't need senses to know what she was thinking. Knowing that she rarely stepped foot in his office, all that must be going through her mind must be the absolute train wreck it appeared. He wasn't one to clean, and sure he couldn't care how it looked. He rarely paid too much attention to the state it was in. Now, specially.

"Anything else Snow?" Bigby asked breaking the silence in the room. She fiddled with her fingers and brought her eyes back to him again, "well I just wanted to stop by, Bluebeards on a ranting session with Cole again"
"Again? What's boiled him over this time?"
"Who knows I just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible"
"And hide in my office?" He joked that let a slight chuckle crack out of Snow.
"I'm not exactly hiding Bigby"
"Looks to me you are Miss White" joking again he stood up and decided to place the file in a cluttered file cabinet. Flicking through his files he heard her quietly rise from the chair and click toward him. He saw her beside her, "I hope you don't lose that in those dusty drawers"
"I won't" he said almost like a child. He slid it in between two forgotten folders and slid the drawer close. He turned to see Snow sitting on his desk and running a single finger across the desktop. "When did you last clean this place?" She said with a disgustful face when she noticed the lump of dust and ash on her fingertip. She scrubbed it away with her thumb and Bigby shrugged taking his seat, "if I'm honest I don't think this place has been cleaned since I got it"

"Well, I'll be sure to get Flycatcher in here and change that" she said with a smug look soon noticing the cup of coffee she left forgotten on the jungle of a desk, "I managed to bring some coffee for you" leaping to her feet and going to grab it, she stretched it toward him.
"Thanks Snow" he happily said taking the steaming cup from her.

Then the silence returned.

Yup, and then it was nothing but silence after that. I know me and Snow would go on and on about anything but for some mad reason we just sat in silence. However that silence only lasted 5 minutes because the phone starts to ring. Snow looked at me and I picked up the blasted ringing.
"Sheriff Wolfs Office" I said with a heavy sigh soon hearing the fantastic voice of Bluebeard... (sarcasm)
"Bigby would you happen to know where our deputy mayor in question has run away to?"
"Our Deputy Mayor?" I purposely said aloud which had instantly grabbed Snows attention. I grinned at her and continued, "I wouldn't know where she ran off to" Snow now knitting her brows at the chirpy voice I was talking in. She was trying to grab the phone but I moved back a little.
"Sheriff?" Bluebeard asked with confusion, "Do you know where she is? Yes or no? No need to repeat what I'm saying"
I looked at Snow deciding to leave and shook her head at me. Please tell me my joking didn't upset her.
"I'm pretty sure she's on the way" and with that the phone was placed back on the dial.

____________________

Sorry for the odd chapter but I'll try bring something interesting in the next one

STAY AWESOME!! ✌️