Ch.1

Where am I?

"Ugh.. five more minutes please! I want to sleep!"

And that's when I feel it. God, it feels like my head is about to explode! It's like someone is repeatedly attacking my brain with a hammer. The loud clanking noise going on isn't helping, nor is the loud humming or the sound of metal scraping against metal.

After around three minutes, my headache seems to subside and I can finally gather my thoughts. Where the bloody hell am I? I take a moment to take in my surroundings and try and process what's going on.

Okay, I'm in a metal box. The metal box seems to be moving. Fast. How on Earth have I ended up  here? Below me is a huge, dark drop. I can't even see the bottom. There are crates of different sizes around the perimeter of the box. I walk over to one and attempt to pry it open. Eventually, I manage  to open it and find it filled with tools and weapons. I wrap my hand around the handle of a sword  to get a feel for it. It almost feels natural. I tuck a knife into my belt because I don't know what I'm going to find when I reach the top of wherever this lift-like cage is taking me.

Hold on, why can't I  remember anything? Not even my name.

This is terrible, it's like a bloody nightmare. 

I wrack my brain for any form of memory. Some things show but no personal memories. I remember things like a playground or a restaurant but not the names of them. I remember playing around with toys with other people, but all their faces are blurred. If I try to remember their names, all I hear is a static noise.

Deciding that I'll deal with my lack of memory once I know I'm safe, I decide to open up another crate using the blade of my sword to pry the lid up. Inside the crate was survival supplies, such as a torch and a sleeping bag.

I pick up the torch and click it on. Moving the torch around, I look up and see the ceiling growing closer by the second. Oh shit! I'm gonna die. I'm gonna crash and die!

I close my eyes and brace for impact but the box stops just before hitting the ceiling. I can't believe it! I'm not dead!

Just as I breathe out a sigh of releif, a loud scraping sound fills my ears and light floods the box. I can finally see the box in detail. On the crates are the letters WCKD and there is a little cage in the corner. I edge closer to the cage to get a better look when it screams at me. It bloody screams at me!

Once I'm calm, I move slowly towards the screaming cage again to take a closer look. As I reach the cage, I lift the cloth that is covering the front to see two animals. Two pigs to be exact. Why on earth would there be pigs? Why would I need pigs where I am. Where even am I?

I look up again and shield my eyes slightly. All I can see is the sky. 

With a bit of effort, I manage to move the biggest crate to the middle of one of the walls of the box and stand on it. Well, not exactly standing, more like crouching, considering the box was just a bit taller than me when I was standing on the floor. From there, I lift the doors of the box and they swing open. I stand up straight and look at the area surrounding me.