Ch.2

Strange dream..

I'm sat on the edge of a bed, in a completely white room

I'm sat on the edge of a bed, in a completely white room. The walls are white, the ceiling is white, the floor is white, even the door is white. The only way to tell the difference is it's rectangular outline. The only thing that stands out is the singular, small mirror that's stuck to the wall just above the sink.

I can't move at all. It's like I'm stuck in someone else's body, watching their actions. Like when you are in a dream where you internally yelling for your body to do something but it won't.

My whole face is in pain, a mix of stinging and aching. My head starts moving against my will, causing me to face the mirror allowing me to see the cause of this pain. My whole face is covered in cuts, bruises and blood.  Well now the pain makes sense.

I'm glaring up at a camera in the middle of the room when I feel a smirk form on my face and my arm start to lift. I start waving, only moving my fingers, like I'm taunting the person behind the camera.

Suddenly, the annoying voice of a man who sounds bunged up sounds out through a speaker that I cannot see, "You're a psycho, Jamie. How could you ruin what we are doing here?"

"I don't know Dad,", I reply without thinking, saying that last word - dad - with a mocking tone, "maybe you should find a better way to find a cure instead of experimenting on kids."

"Jamie, you know that you kids are the key."

"I don't bloody care. You treat all the kids here like shit. We are not bloody lab rats!" I yell at the man over the speaker. With no control over my actions, I stand and clench my fists, feeling anger build up in my chest. Why am I getting angry? I don't even know what's going on.

"Jamie, calm down!" A woman's voice rings out over the speakers. "You know what will happen if you get aggressive and-", suddenly, the voice goes all muffled, stopping me from understanding what is being said, "-again" What on Earth did I do?

"They deserved it mother, and I'd do it again." My voice sounds calm but scary. Almost threatening. 

I open my mouth about to say something when the door to my room bursts open and guards come charging in. There are two of them in protective gear, holding some sort of black gun. One of them is female, an average height with jet black hair tied up in a bun. She reaches just below my shoulder height. The other is a man who is just slightly taller than me, by around an inch and a half , with red hair. Their outfits are black, a contrast to everything else in the room. Like all the other 'memories', or whatever you would call them, their faces are blurred.

Taking both the guards and me by surprise, I charge at the man and slam him against the wall, causing him hit his head, leaving a blood stain, and slide down to a seated position, dazed while letting out pained groans. The woman points her gun at me at pulls the trigger. I duck down and charge at her too, tackling her to the ground. The gun fired some sort of electric blast that crackled against the wall behind me. The lady drops her gun and it goes skidding across the floor to the other side of the room. My fist meets her face multiple times as she tries to block them when she kicks me off her.