CH 6: Iron and Shadows

Students gathered around, their expressions a mix of awe and concern. The aftermath of an intense training match had left the arena in disarray.

Kaminari, with an expression of disbelief, commented, "What a weird way for this to end. The losers are practically untouched, and the winners are both on the ground."

Kitagawa shared in his disbelief, her voice carrying a condemning tone as she reflected on the victors' condition: "I agree, they may have won, but they took too much damage in the process."

A raven-haired boy, observing quietly, lowered his head slightly and closed his eyes, contemplating the situation. "How does the old saying go? They may have lost the battle, but they won the war," he mused, his observation capturing the essence of the event.

Kosuke's gaze remained fixed on the monitor, absorbing every detail of the recent events. Even without the sound, he found satisfaction in the outcomes and insights gleaned from the exam.

"It all unfolded just as I anticipated. My intuition about him was spot-on. Watching him is truly captivating," Kosuke reflected.

"Wow, that really got the adrenaline pumping, right?" Kirishima asks, turning to Kosuke with a burst of excitement.

"Man, that was a wild ride! Kinda freaky but totally awesome!" Kaminari adds, strolling up with his carefree bounce, hands nonchalantly behind his head. Kaminari laughs, nudging him lightly, "I saw that sly smirk of yours, Adachi. You were totally into it! Like REALLY into it!"

Kosuke's grin widens, unapologetic and bright, "Well, I suppose there's no hiding it, is there?" His smile softens, eyes alight with passion, "I revel in the art of quirk combat and strategy. It's thrilling to see a good plan come together in the heat of battle. I guess you could call me something of a battle enthusiast." he chuckles lightly.

From the back of the room, Mineta's voice cuts through the chatter, tinged with a nervous edge, "S-Should we be worried?" he stammers, visibly sweating.

Kosuke, maintaining his calm demeanor, reassures him, "Unlike Bakugou, I possess self-restraint. You have nothing to fear; I won't hurt you too badly, I promise."

The response elicits a collective sweatdrop from everyone in the room.

"This class is intense..." Asui comments with a sigh, summing up the general sentiment.

As All Might departs to check on Izuku and Bakugou, the students start breaking off into smaller groups, some discussing the recent match, others diverging to different topics.

Kosuke's gaze drifted across the room, finally resting on Shoto, who stood apart from the rest, his solitary figure a stark contrast to the lively discussions around them. With a thoughtful smile, Kosuke approached the reserved boy, their eyes meeting in silent acknowledgment as he stopped a short distance away. Though they stood separated from the group, the room's confines kept them within earshot of the lingering excitement.

"That was quite the spectacle, wasn't it?" Kosuke began, his voice calm and reflective. "It seemed to have held your attention as well."

Todoroki hummed in agreement, "I didn't expect him to be very capable." his gaze momentarily following the path of two robots carrying Midoriya away on a stretcher. "He scored the lowest in the fitness tests. By Mr. Aizawa's standards, he lacked potential and should've been expelled. And yet, here he remains."

His gaze, cool and assessing, meets Kosuke's. "Your interest in him is becoming clearer to me now," Todoroki continues, the slightest hint of curiosity weaving through his words. "There's more to him than meets the eye, and it seems you've seen that from the start."