"WHY DO YOU WATCH ME KANIKO?"

A week passed and he was in most of my classes, I watched him often, his long glances toward other people.

He stuck to himself mostly except for a small group of people, he smiled around them and laughed.

Our eyes have never met because I stuck myself, I stayed out of trouble and stayed quiet.

My foster parents didn't pay attention to me, they called me to dinner and gave me what I needed including money but didn't speak to me otherwise.

I didn't want to be spoken to, I wanted to protect and cherish the male that sat near my seat.

Others whisper about me and I can hear them but it's okay.

They're curious.

"He dresses in expensive clothing."

"He's creepy."

"He's so pretty."

"So tall."

A sigh left me as my eyes caught one of the students whispering, it was one of his friends. I remembered his name from hearing it so often.

Shimano Louis.

He often spoke about me and smiled at me with wide teeth, he was the first that I interacted with.

Another smile passed from Shimano as our eyes met before they left me and looked toward his friend.

I want to know his name.

It must suit him quite well.

I must have dozed off because that pretty boy that I watched so often was in front of me leaning in close before he said "Why do you watch me Kaniko?"

My eyes widened before I watched him sit in front of me and cross his legs, I didn't notice before but the classroom was empty now.

It was me and him.

"Pretty things should be protected. Cherished."

"Am I an object? A glass vase that needs to be kept in a museum?"

"Of course not."

He leaned on his hand that was propped up before he said "You're quite strange Kaniko Lee. But I like you."

My dark eyes furrowed in confusion as thoughts wandered through my head but before I could question it he said "My name's Akira An. We'll date okay?"

"What?"

I never got an answer because he walked away after waving goodbye.