Breakfast (1 of 2)

Enemies to lovers Quill x YN
———

Rays of sunlight burst through the wide front windows of the Milano as the team sat around the table waiting for Groot to finish the breakfast. We all took a straw from a hat daily to see who had the duty, though when any one of us pulled the straw and saw it said groot, we'd discretely pretended it said someone else's name. It wasn't that we didn't trust him to be a good cook, it was just that he can get a little... distracted.

"What day is it today?" The tree pondered, looking over to Mantis awaiting an answer all the while completely unaware that a twig from his arm has now caught fire from the stove.

I was quick to catch this and jumped from my spot to put it out, though as I ran to help him I came crashing into a tall, decently sweaty Peter. "Common Quill!" I hissed before turning back to Groot only to be halted by his annoying voice. 

"Oh like that was my fault," he complained throwing his hands in the air and looking to the team for reassurance yet getting none as they tended to zone Peter and I's arguments out.

"Maybe if you payed any attention to anything you ever do!" I snapped turning back to face him feeling a rise of irritation come over me causing me to completely forget why I'd even got up in the first place. "Also, you're disgusting. We have showers for a reason, you literally soaked my arm in your nasty sweat," I made a disturbed expression whilst wiping the warm wet liquid onto my pants.

He scoffed with an eye roll while taking a glance at the ceiling. "Im sorry if I get a little sweaty when I work out, it's natural, and I was going to take a shower, not that it's any of your business; after we ate breakfast."

"How convenient, so we can all join together and eat while inhaling your B.O."

"Oh would you two please just shut up! I'm sick of all the incessant bickering you make me want to rip my ears off," Nebula intruded from beside Groot. She and Rocket had been busy helping Groot put out the small flame that Peter and I had long forgotten about. "You've been irritating because Gamora's gone, and you've been a living-breathing brat ever since you failed the last mission," she called out our behavior almost in a motherly way. She's been weirdly diplomatic when dealing with us instead of just telling us to go yell at each other somewhere else.

With a huff I went back to my seat and sank in the chair feeling a tinge of embarrassment overwhelm me at the memory of that last mission. I had never failed before, and this time put everyone at danger because I couldn't control my emotions and attacked a guard too soon. I got a lecture about it from pretty much everyone except Mantis and Groot. That experience definitely hurt my pride quite a lot, so sometimes I might have a little extra sass to try and build it back up. "At least mines a real reason to be acting like a jerk," Peter mumbled while sitting down in the seat farthest from me.

I snickered to myself at his comment. Sometimes he can be a real idiot. "You realize you called yourself a jerk too right? Nice one Einstein." I clapped back not willing to let him win this argument, or really any in the future. Peter Quill just always has to be the leader, the cool guy, always right. Not when it comes to me.

"That's it!" Nebula shouted in pure aggravation. She stomped over to the both of us and grabbed one of our arms with a decent strength considering she's part bot. "You two are on breakfast duty, and if I hear you argue once while doing it then you're both gonna be stuck cleaning the engine for two months," she snapped, shoving us both toward the fridge. We often all had chores to do but we made it fun by having a spin wheel to see who has to do what. Cleaning the engine was always the worst one, but what made it easier was knowing you only had to do it once and then you could spin the wheel next chore week.