chapter 22- the testing begins

Kyo POV

After papa came back from talking to Grandpa Hokage, he told me that he wanted to see me too. I enjoy seeing Grandpa Hokage so I was kind of excited. Until I remembered I STILL can't talk.

"Hey romo" I said in my mind.

"Yes Kyo" said romo.

"How much longer am i not gonna be able to talk?"

"It shouldn't be that much longer but since you're going to talk to the Hokage they are probably gonna try and figure out what happened to you while you were with Orochimaru. So you know what that means?"

"more tests?"

"more tests."

"AHHHHH MANNNNN i don't wanna do more tests."

"These tests wont be like Orochimaru's tests they most likely want to see what he may have done to your chakra and the new wood style you've gotten. Your family probably want to know more about the development of your sharingan seeing as how you've awakened it much earlier and stronger than the usual age."

"If you say so Romo. I hope they can find out what the evil snake man did to me. I mean I would have died if you didn't come and save me."

"I'm sure your Hokage will be able to unveil all of the things that have been done to you and when you're able to talk again you can tell him all about how he wanted to use you as a weapon against the village."

"You're right romo"

"Kyo let's go!" a voice called out.

"That's papa I guess it's time to go. You'll be here with me romo right?"

"Yes Kyo I'll be there for the most part but it's important that my presence be kept a secret remember"

"Right okay a secret"

3rd POV

After Kyo's talk with Romo she made her way to her father by the front door.

"You ready Kyo?" asked her father.

Kyo nodded her head and took her father's hand as a sign of readiness. Then the two of them set out for the Hokage's office. On the walk there they received a lot of looks from the people of the village. A lot of them were out of respect for the head of the Uchiha clan and some of them were looks of surprise to see little Kyo Uchiha back in the village walking around with her father. Kyo had a smile on her face happy to be out and about in the village despite not being able to speak. She saw some of the very few looks of disgust from some of her clan members but she decided to ignore them because she felt she was cooler than that.

It wasn't long before Kyo and her father made it to the Hokage's office and Fugaku knocked on the door. As soon as the Hokage responded with a come in kyo burst through the door and tackled the Hokage in a hug.

"Oh sweet Kyo! I'm so happy you're back in the village. It's been awfully quiet since you've been gone" said Hiruzen.

"Unfortunately it's going to remain quiet for a while." Said Fugaku.

"Poison still hasn't been rid of yet huh?" asked the 3rd.

"Not yet doctors are saying it could take a few weeks to be cured." Said Fugaku.

"You should be able to speak again in a couple days Kyo." Said Romo.

"I see well Kyo if it's alright with you your family and I would like to find out more about what has happened to you while you were away." Said Hiruzen.

Kyo then nodded and smiled as a sign of approval. She had no idea what they were going to do but the whole thing made her a bit nervous. She didn't want anything bad to come from these tests.

Hiruzen was able to tell that Kyo may be a bit scared so he decided that they would first start with the IQ test.

"Say Kyo before we start would you like to play a game with a friend of mine?" asked the 3rd. Kyo nodded her head and the Hokage asked Fugaku to go down the hall and grab Shikaku. Kyo smiled because that was her best friend's dad. Someone she was familiar with.

Shikaku walked in and was also given a hug from Kyo. "Well look who it is little miss Kyo. Shikamaru has been asking for you for a while now he'll be happy to know you're home." He said rubbing her head.

He then greeted Fugaku and looked to the Hokage to see what it is he called him in for. "Hokage-sama"

"Shikaku I'd like you to play a game of shogi with Kyo. Explain to her the rules and then play a few rounds with her." Said the 3rd

Shikaku was able to understand what the Hokage was asking him to do and nodded his head. "I have a game set in my office. Is that okay with you Fugaku? I assume you'll be with us while we play." Said Shikaku.

"Yes I'd like to join you. Lead the way." Said Fugaku. Kyo turned around and was about to leave when her father called out her name.

"Kyo manners"

Then Kyo turned back around and bowed to the hokage and smiled at him before turning once again and heading to Shikaku's office to 'play shogi'.

Once they got to Shikaku's office, he pulled out the game and set up the pieces. Then he asked Kyo if she knew how to play and she shook her head no.

"Okay then I'll explain the rules then. Pay attention because this game can be tricky and let me know if there's something you don't understand alright?" said Shikaku. Kyo nodded her head and was ready to hear the rules of the game.

"Okay so...."