[9]

After hanging out for a little bit more on the roof, Leah and I left. I was going to bring her home but she said she didn't want to go home yet. She told me that usually she goes out with the team after they win at home. Most of the time they go to the diner so I took us there for dinner. Leah took my right hand in hers and held it tight with hers as I drove.

Leah formally introduced me to Gabby and her uncles Sal and Luca, along with her cousin Marco when we got there. From what she told me over dinner, the diner is owned and operated by her family, which I didn't know. It makes sense now though because I would always see her or her family here before.

Half way through dinner Leah asked about me. Compared to her, my family is very boring and small. At first I didn't want to tell her about them. But after a few minutes of convincing she got it out of me. I told her about moms, well more in depth about them. The fact that Kristin runs the hardware store with Uncle Trent for grandpa.

Other than that, the dinner went well and I dropped Leah off at home when we were done. Since I finished my junior year in Hudson, I was finished with school till the fall. I asked Leah about hanging out tomorrow and she reminded me that she isn't finished yet. It only being the beginning of June, she still had one more week of school left then finals, to which her freedom will come after.

When we got to her house I got out of the car and walked her to the door. I just didn't want our time together to end yet.

"So I guess I will talk to you tomorrow?" I said when we got to the top of the stairs right in front of the door.

"Or after you get home." Leah said and smiled.

"Or then." I said and smiled. I leaned in and kissed her cheek.

Even though it is dark I can see the blush rise on Leah's cheeks. I gave her another smile before walking back down off the stairs. I quickly walked back to my car and waited till Leah got inside safely before I started to drive home.

I had a face-eating grin on the whole ride home. When I got inside both Taylor and Kristin were waiting for me at the kitchen table. Once I kicked off my shoes and jacket they asked why I'm so happy.

"I got myself a girlfriend." I said and ran off to my room. I heard them both following after me, so I sat on my bed and waited for them to barge through my door. It only took them a minute before they almost took my door of then hinges.

"Easy! That's my door you almost broke!" I yelled at them.

"Who is this girl?" Taylor asked.

"If it's not Leah, we need to have a serious talk about leading someone on." Kristin started.

"It's Leah mom, don't worry." I said and giggled.

My phone buzzed in my lap. I looked at it and saw it's Leah. Just wanted to make sure you got home okay. Was what it said.

"Taylor get the phone!" Kristin said. I looked at the both of them, then my phone. Taylor came out of nowhere and pulled the phone from my hands.

"No! Mom give it back!" I said and tried to fight against Taylor. But it was no use, by now she was already on top of me.

"Just wanted to make sure you got home okay. Aw you guys are too cute!" Kristin said.

"Mom will you please get off of me?" I asked.

"No you're comfy." She said.

"Ugh Momma help me out here." I asked.

"Taylor get off of your daughter before you break her." Kristin said.