Chap 8: Scars.

Cola charged at me with his sword, i did the same. We exchanged fast and strong flurries of attacks, though i was seemingly stronger i knew i wouldn't last longer than him.

"HAHA! What's wrong? Your fists can't take it anymore?!" Cola said, landing a strike with his sword's handle on my face. I stepped back clumsily, i wish i had taken a martial art class.. but now's not the time for wishes even if there was a shooting star rain in front of me.

"I'm not DONE yet." I fought back, blow after blow i tried finding an opening. But Cola's guard was too solid, everytime i made and effort trying to land a clean hit on his body i was punished by Cola parrying my punch, another nasty slice on my arm afterwards.

"Your techniques are terrible for someone of THAT strength, y'know?!" He laughed, continuing to attack as i was forced into submission. I could only defend, not having enough energy to retaliate. Before i could try again, Cola stabbed his sword through me multiple times. I yelled in pain, losing my balance while he continued to swing his blade relentlessly.

"I WON'T LET YOU TAKE AWAY MY FREEDOM!" I sweeped his leg, finally able to make him fall. I stood up and made a risky attack, throwing a straight punch right on the fallen man. As much as i hoped for my punch to succeed, i faced disappointment by the feeling of my arm which was used for landing the heavy blow on Cola being sliced off.

"Seems like you're done, eh?" Cola took a step and spun from left to right to get up, aiming his sword at my neck.

'I'm seriously dead..' I thought.

"You can do it!"

I heard a familiar voice inside of my head. The only person who is my friend, none other than Kyle.

"You're getting better, young master. Let's try again, shall we?" His words echoed, it was when he helped me with homework sometime in eighth grade.

"Don't give up now!"

As an secondary school kid, i was terrible at maths for a kid at that age. My teachers yelled at me, some even gave up trying to get anything through my head. The only person who helped me with my homework using all his knowledge and passion is Kyle, when i was younger i never expected him to be such a smartie. Kyle helped me overcome my obstacles, i was finally able to pass my highschool entrance exam thanks to him.

"Let's try again, harder this time!"

"NOT TODAY!" I screamed, at the final moments where Cola was about to chop my head off. I grew back my missing right arm, inside my palm i felt a shock. A shock so great something could burst out from it, and there it was.

'DEMONIC BLADE.'

A large dark red sword appeared in my right arm, in response to Cola's attack i swung the blade, detaching his upper body from his legs. Cola's slash failed miserably as what's left of him that was conscious fell onto the ground.

"It's over." I said, almost falling on my knees. I dropped the greatsword, it shatters into hundreds of pieces and vanishes on the air as soon as i made contact with the ground.

"Hah.. that was.. a good comeback, you little.. bastard." Cola said, i was surprised that he was still alive, leave alone even talking.

"You're gonna die anyway, so tell me.. what is Sore's goal? Let me know, and i will let you have a peaceful death." I said, almost threatening him. Even though, Cola showed no fear and even laughed at my threat. He decided to tell me anyway.

"Ahh.. fair enough. Sore wanted to make an army, a GREAT army, that is. He and the army will rule over this world by force, by infecting everyone with our demonic energy, then what comes after lies the unknown.. in short, he wants to become a god. And he needs authority for that, this is only the beginning. Haha.." Cola coughed out another whole puddle of blood, i was creeped out that he even had any blood left inside his body to vomit out, considering the fact that the cut between his upper body and the lower part of it is.. nasty, to say the least. Cola closed his eyes, seemingly resting until death comes and takes him away.

I turned my back and clumsily walked away, the long road that leads to the other city was my final obstacle. As soon as i reached an inn, everybody stared at me in shock seeing the humongous amount of cuts all around my body.. right, my body can't heal minor injuries. I did grow my arm back to wield a giant magical sword, no, anti-magical sword to be precise. Other than the arm, nothing healed and the minor injuries continued to bother me for the entire night.

"S-sir are you okay?" The receptionist asked, taking a step back as i approached the table. I can't blame him, who would expect a nastily bruised and cut up man to show up at this time of the day? In their imagination, I'm probably either a drunk guy who just got into a bar fight, or a gangster who just came back from their crew's "war".

"I want a room, anything'll do." I said, handing in the money as i was given the key with my room number on it. I scared all of the people in the halls, the stairways with my battered up body, my ripped clothing and my half-dead actions, i moved like a zombie due to all the injuries and the most difficult part to go through is the long stairs because the elevator was claimed to be broken.

"Man.."

I locked the door, falling onto my bed as i enter my deep slumber. It was a relief to finally get some rest after such a long night, though the images of Sore, Cola, my parents, Kyle, the school gang kept on haunting me from time to time but the sleep was better than anything i could ask for at that moment.

I woke up, turning my pained body to take a glare at the clock the behind me. It was already 9 am, making me think that my sleep was much better than i thought it was. Upon opening my eyes and growing less drowsy from waking up, i notice a roll of bandages and a small plastic pouch with medicine inside it with a piece of paper written: "It's on the house, my man. Bandage those wounds and rest c:", the pouch, the bandages and the paper all laid on the table. Maybe it was the receptionist, or an employee, only them have the access to my room after i have locked it. Anyway, it didn't matter as i couldn't help but smile in appreciation.

I got myself bandaged up, pretty much all over, putting my shirt on to avoid anyone staring. Taking a few pills which i wasn't even sure what kind is that, i just hope they don't betray my body and make the pain any worse. I opened the room's door and stepped outside, no aware of what awaits me out there.

END OF CHAP 8