Timeline 0642 - 0

"Five! Where do you think you're going?!" [Y/N] yelled, chasing after the boy who left his huge mansion in a hurry

"You don't get it! I tried telling that stupid old man what you told me [Y/N]! Yet, he's too stubborn and obstinate to even let me try!"

"What? Maybe we just need to try another-"

"No! I'll prove him wrong! I'll travel right now and tell him after what I saw, that will definitely change his mind!" The young boy, Five, said. 

Without thinking, Five grabbed the slender hands of [Y/N] and used his powers. 

The first thing that [Y/N] opened her eyes to was the dark gloomy sky and the smell of burning coal invaded her senses. Looking around confused, she quickly turned to her friend and grabbed his hands tighter. However, Five was enamored with his ability and completely ignored the anxiety-filled girl behind him.

"Five...I think we sh-"

Again, bright rays of light quickly covered her eyes. [Y/N] looked around to see colorful umbrellas along with a large bustling crowd. 

"Five! Five! Stop! Just listen to m-!"

Silence.

The surrounding turned a pale grey, buildings were old, crumbling and most were collapsed. 

"Five! Where are we?!" [Y/N] panicked.

Instead of replying, her friend decided to loosen his grip and went searching. 

"Shit." He cursed, quickly running around and looking for something, someone, anyone.

The young girl ran after Five, hoping to not lose sight of her only guide. As they both walked about, Five decided to approach a large piece of boulder. When he arched his back to look, his eyes widened as he cussed again.

"What? What? What did you fi-" 

Before [Y/N] could complete her sentence, Five pulled her away and covered his eyes. 

A moment of silence passed before Five spoke, "Don't look."

It was Five's sibling, Luther. Dead. 

He continued searching for the others while [Y/N] trailed behind, holding his hand and covering her eyes. [Y/N] had known it must be something horrible if Five was shielding her away from whatever he saw. 

Before long, Five abruptly stopped, causing [Y/N] to bump into his back. The same reliable back that protected her from her bullies when they were younger. Though his foul mouth and laid-back attitude were what piqued your interest. 

You knew about Five Hargreeves, one of the kids that were adopted by a rich fellow with a nice monocle.  Mr Hargreeves was cold and in your words, a meanie. He's grumpy and is constantly putting Five down. Of course, you hated him, Five told you many tales about him, in fact, too many. Your ears could barely handle all the colorful languages he said while complaining. 

Five had always protected you, from bullying to chasing away bugs. You two would always meet near the back of the Hargreeves mansion, separated by a tall metal black gate. 

At night, he would sneak out and spend time rambling with you under the bright moon. You were fond of Five, you knew his hardships and he knew yours. He was your first friend and your first crush. 

Who can blame you? All you knew was Five and all he knew was you. 

"Five, where are we?" You asked timidly.

After a small silence, Five huffed, "More like when are we..."

You looked around before your eyes landed at Five, who was holding onto a newspaper...and a prosthetic eye.

"It's okay, we just need to travel back right?" 

Five crushed the newspaper and kept that disgusting prosthetic eye in his pocket before clenching his fist.

You see the light blue glow being emitted before it died down.

Again and again.

"Ugh, it's not working."

"Try again, maybe you need to do something different!" You urged.

Five broke a sweat trying to use his powers, he was really trying.

"I can't! I think...I think I need to recharge or something! Or I got the formula wrong? I'll figure it out, just think...think Five!" 

A worried look dawned upon your face when you saw him panicking.

"Five...hey Five it's okay, let's take our time figuring it out!" You walked towards him, trying to grab his arm.

"No!" Five exclaimed, throwing the arm you tried grabbing, "Look around you, [Y/N]! We are stuck here! HERE, in this desolate piece of junk! Where will we get food? Water? How the fuck will two 13-year-olds survive?!"

It was the truth. Around you was just a broken, messed-up world that you no longer recognize. As if the moon exploded or something and crashed onto Earth. 

But for now, the important one here was Five. Though strong and reliant, he's often the most sensitive one too. He just doesn't know how to show his feelings. 

"Five..." You rushed to hug him, his ragged breathing and pounding heart against your embrace.

"It's okay, we'll figure out a way. We always do, we solve puzzles and find a way to steal cookies without anyone figuring it out. I'm sure we can do it too." You comforted.

"This isn't a children's puzzle or stealing cookies, [Y/N]. This is...it's something way bigger. Way bigger than what both of us can handle... I'm worried...I'm worried that we might be stuck here until we die...what if, what if you leave me first?" Five's voice cracked near the end.

You laughed lightly, "Are you stupid? I know this is way more serious than some stupid kid's puzzle. But I'm here for you, like how I have always been. I trust you, Five. I'm not leaving anywhere without you..."

"I can't believe you can still laugh..."

You simply smiled at him, "Oh Five, I'm no longer a child anymore." 

A comforting silence followed.

Five suddenly grabbed your trembling hands, "You're scared..."

He's right. In fact, you were completely terrified about what was going to happen.

"But I have my Five Hargreeves. Here, with me." You added.

Fiver simply looked at you before pulling you into a hug. 

"And I have my dear, [Y/N] [L/N] with me." He smiled, his heart pounding.

Somehow, a faint smell of Lily flowers appeared in this barren land.