Chapter 15: To Save a Tribute

As the sun began to set on the sixth night of the Games, the remaining tributes found themselves scattered throughout the arena. The constant tension and fear had taken its toll on their bodies and minds, but they knew they had to stay focused if they wanted to survive.Dewitt Vincent, the District 9 male, was in desperate need of medical attention. A small cut on his arm had become infected, causing him immense pain and weakness. His only ally, Logan Kerr from District 1, knew that time was running out. He had to find a way to help Dewitt before it was too late.Logan surveyed his surroundings, looking for any sign of supplies that could aid in Dewitt's recovery. His eyes fell upon a small backpack nestled under a pile of leaves. With a glimmer of hope, he cautiously approached it, hoping to find something useful inside.Carefully opening the bag, Logan discovered a small cache of medical supplies. Among the items were bandages, antiseptic ointment, and a bottle of antibiotics. Relief washed over him as he realized he had found what Dewitt needed.With the supplies in hand, Logan made his way back to the hidden shelter where Dewitt was waiting. The other tributes had no idea of their location, giving them a brief respite from the chaos of the Games.Inside the shelter, Dewitt's condition had worsened. He was pale and weak, his breathing shallow. Logan wasted no time in cleaning and dressing Dewitt's infected wound, applying the antiseptic ointment and carefully wrapping it with fresh bandages. He then handed Dewitt the bottle of antibiotics, instructing him on the dosage and the importance of taking them regularly.Dewitt weakly nodded, grateful for Logan's help. The medicine would take time to work, but at least now he had a fighting chance. Logan stayed by Dewitt's side, offering words of encouragement and support.Meanwhile, Grace Frost, Logan's ally from District 12, kept watch outside the shelter. She knew they couldn't afford to let their guard down, even for a moment. She scanned the surrounding area, her senses heightened for any signs of danger.As the night wore on, the Capitol-controlled environment continued to test the tributes' resilience. The distant howl of mutated creatures and the echoing screams of fallen tributes served as a constant reminder of the peril they faced.In the darkness, Logan and Grace took turns keeping watch and tending to Dewitt's needs. The hours passed slowly, but they remained steadfast in their determination to survive. Their alliance grew stronger with each passing day, and their trust in one another deepened.As the first rays of dawn began to paint the sky, a glimmer of hope emerged. Dewitt's fever had subsided, and his wound showed signs of improvement. The infection seemed to be retreating, thanks to Logan's quick thinking and the supplies they had acquired.With renewed determination, the trio prepared to face another day in the deadly arena. They knew there were still tributes out there plotting and hunting, but they also knew they had each other. Together, they would continue to fight for their lives, defying the odds and refusing to become mere pawns in the Capitol's twisted game.