Chapter 1 "Boring kid, boring life."

Coiny sat in his room as he listened to music through his headphones. Tomorrow was the last day of break, Coiny hated school. Most people don't usually suspect that though as he's an A-B student. What they don't realize is that he could care less about good grades, he just keeps his grades good to rub it into some kid's face. And that kid is best friends with the student council president so it's even more embarrassing that compared to his perfect friend he's nothing. Coiny reached into his desk drawer, pulled out his sketchbook, and grabbed a pencil. He began to sketch mindlessly, not thinking about what he was drawing. Coiny didn't actually know the boy's name, and that was probably because he didn't care who he was. After all, he was just another person in this world filled with billions of people. Coiny didn't have any friends either, so he'd doubt if anyone even knew his own name. He always sat in the very back of each of his classes so the teachers never called on him either. Less attention drawn to him, that's the way he liked it. He did like the attention he got when the orange-haired boy got annoyed. He always tried putting on this tough guy act when Coiny teased him that was so pathetic it was funny. The boy had actually been working to get his grades up more probably due to Coiny's teasing. How did Coiny know he was doing this? Well because sometimes when Coiny was in the library he'd see the boy staring at an English book like it was written by an Alien, which to him, it probably was. Coiny began to ponder what he would do tomorrow. Should he go to the library? Nah, he's been going there all week. He probably has more books to read than any sane person needs.

Coiny began to add details to his drawing. Maybe he could look up a bunch of fun facts to tease the boy with? Start plotting how to make him mad next? Coiny sighed, he took off his headphones and unplugged them from his phone. He looked down at his sketchbook. All this thinking about the boy must have gotten to his head because that's what he drew. He reached
to rip it out, but he paused. It's a nice drawing.. maybe he should just leave it, even if he didn't like the person in the drawing, it's not worth wasting his skills. He closed the sketchbook and returned it along with the pencil in its home inside of his desk. He glanced at the clock, 10:30 pm. He groaned before dragging himself to his bed. He didn't feel like changing, besides no one would care anyways. He'd decide what he wants to do tomorrow. He closed his eyes and waited for sleep to take him. His alarm began screaming. Coiny quickly shot up, wide awake already. He turned to his clock '9:30'. He stood up quickly and turned off his alarm. He didn't even remember falling asleep. He turned on his light and began to start stretching. He took a shower and started getting ready for life, or hell as he called it. Coiny quickly brushed his hair rushing to get every little knot out. He put his goggles on and pushed them up so they sat on his head. He thought they made him look cool. (they did) He grabbed his phone, wallet, headphones, and his sketchbook, and pencil. He ran downstairs and out the front door.

He probably should have stopped to say bye to his mom, but it was too late now. He was already at the bus stop, he didn't like public transportation that much. Especially because of the transportation around where he has had this thing. They'd make you pay extra to sit with friends. Luckily for Coiny, he didn't have any friends to need to be next to. So it was still a win for him. Though he mostly got to sit with strangers, sometimes if he was lucky he'd be by himself the entire time. (he wasn't usually lucky) The bus arrived, and he stepped on. He paid the driver and he told him where to sit. He sighed, the bus was pretty full today so he assumed he'd be sitting next to someone and he was right. He sat down and didn't pay attention to who he was sitting next to. "Hey, Coiny right?" He turned to the person next to him. "Yeah." The person there was Leafy, student council president. She had like almost all of the boys at school all over her, as well as a quarter of the girls. Coiny would admit, he didn't mind her at first. But then she made all the snacks in the school vending machine sugar-free. He did like some of the sugar-free ones, but he definitely missed the sugar. "I'm Leafy! It's great to finally chat with you!" She held her hand out to Coiny. He shook her hand hesitantly "Yeah, I guess so." "Where are you heading?" She asked, her eyes filled with curiosity. "The coffee shop, the one on huckleberry street." She smiled big. "No way! Me too!" Coiny dreaded the thought of being in the same place as this girl for a long time. "How about you join me?" Coiny mumbled something to himself before replying with "Sure."

He knew that if he said no she'd tell someone and then people would start coming up to him and going "oH cOiNy, HoW cOuLd YoU hAvE sAiD nO tO lEaFy?!" Leafy began to rant to him about a million different things, he could barely keep up with what she was saying. After a while of her chatter, he put on his headphones, turned on his music, and tuned her out. Leafy didn't seem to even notice, really showed how much attention she was giving him. After like 3 songs they made it. He put away his headphones and walked off, Leafy trailing behind him. Once they got in front of the building Leafy held the door open for him. He said a quick thanks and stepped in. He watched as Leafy scanned the room seemingly looking at all the seats. She grabbed Coiny's wrist and began dragging him towards one of the tables. She let him go. "Hey, guys!" Leafy said with a smile. (She always did.) Coiny suddenly became more aware of the situation. Was she coming here with friends? He noticed them talking, but neither of them noticed him yet. He looked at the one on the right side of the table. A girl, she has 3 eyes, silver hair, and a pretty tomboyish style. He turned to the other person. "Shit." He whispered to himself. It was the boy. Leafy's best friend. He'd definitely tell Leafy about the teasing. Just what he needed. He did not want to be scolded by Leafy for an hour, especially when he didn't even have breakfast yet. Coiny averted his eyes, already tired of looking at him. "Oh! Guys, this is Coiny!" Leafy gestured to him. The orange-haired boy looked shocked, well the silver-haired girl said hi. Coiny waved awkwardly. Leafy sat next to the Silver-haired girl and told Coiny to sit across. Which meant he was sitting next to the orange-haired boy. 'Fan fucking tastic' Coiny thought.

Leafy introduced the girl as Needle and the boy as Firey. Firey glared at Coiny. Coiny did the same. Coiny began to ponder why life hated him, he was interrupted, however, when Leafy asked what he wanted, he responded with a chocolate donut and a coffee. Leafy skipped off towards the counter. Firey cleared his throat to try and get Coinys attention. "What? Is your throat as bad as your grades?" Firey made an insulted face. "My grades aren't that bad!" Coiny smirked "Really? I heard that you were failing every class." Needle pulled out her phone and began ignoring Firey and Coiny. Firey scoffed."Your probably cheating." Coiny looked at Firey, "I am not!" Just then Leafy came back. However, Firey and Coiny were too busy arguing like children to notice. Leafy tapped both of them. "What in the Yoyleberry are you on about?" "HE'S MAKING FUN OF MY GRADES!" "ONLY BECAUSE HE SUCKS!" "I DO NOT!" Leafy facepalmed "Both of you take a deep breath." Coiny groaned but did as Leafy said. "Coiny?" "What?" "If you're making fun of Firey, you must have good grades right?" Coiny thought about running out right then and their, but for some reason he didn't. "Yeah? So what? You gonna accuse me of cheating too?" Leafy ignored the comment and turned to Firey. "I think we just solved your bad grades problem!" Oh fuck no. "I'm not letting him cheat off me." "What?- No that's not what I meant. You should tutor him!" "Haha, no." "Yeah no way i'm learning from him!" "Oh c'mon!!" "No and that's final." "Finee." Leafy sighed and went to collect her order. She came back with four coffees, two bagels and a donut. She handed everyone their food. The scent of coffee filled Coinys nose. It made him feel content. "I'm leaving." Coiny said "Do you want me to pay you back?" Leafy shook her head. 'Didnt think so.' Coiny just nodded and left. Needle gave him a strange look well Firey crossed his arms and glared at him. Leafy quickly lightly shoved Firey after noticing the glaring.

Coiny sighed as he felt the wind on his neck. It wasn't cold though, just breezy. Coiny didn't feel like going home yet. He didn't want to deal with that. He began walking to the nearest park. This park was designed for children, but Coiny didn't really care. A park was a park. He sat on one of the swings and closed his eyes. He felt the warmth of the sun on his back. "Hey..." Coiny snapped back into reality at the sound of the voice. "Huh?" He responded automatically. Coiny turned his head to see Firey messing with his fingers. "What the hell are you doing here?" He sighed and averted his eyes. "Leafy wanted me to apologize." He paused, "So here I am?" Coiny rolled his eyes. "You could've just not gone." He returned eye contact with Coiny. "I know but Leafy would have let me hear the end of it." Ain't that the truth. Coiny thought. Firey rubbed the back of his neck. Coiny groaned. "Tell you what, you leave me alone and I'll pretend you apologized to me." Firey let out a sigh of relief. "I was hoping you'd say that." "Cya la- wait no. Cya never!" Firey smiled big and ran off. 'He's such an idiot.'