Snapping

MAJOR T/W: Suicide baiting, bullying, violence, bl00d

Zander walks into the gym for class, one he shares with Hailey, Jake, and Luke. He sits down and reads his novel instead of playing. Zander simultaneously observes Luke. He stares in his direction, noticing that Luke looked very tired, with eyebags underneath his eyes.

'I really did cause this. If I wasn't here, this wouldn't have happened. Luke wouldn't have to feel this pain.'

A girl spikes the volleyball towards Zander, with a glint in her eye, signaling to Zander that it was on purpose. Before Zander can block it, he feels an awful pain in his head.

"Oh, sorry, Zander. I didn't mean to."

The P.E. teacher starts, "Zander, you can go to the nurse on your own, right? Are you having trouble walking?"

"Yeah, I'm fine—" Zander was interrupted by the girl who hit him in the head.

"I feel really bad for hitting him. I can take him there. The nurse is a long walk away, and he was hit pretty hard."

"Alright, Emma. You can take him. Let's resume our game."

Zander begins to walk towards the gym doors, while Emma follows behind him.

"What do you want, Emma? You didn't need to bring me to the nurse, I know you don't give a shit if I get better or not."

"Can't a girl walk their friend to the nurse?"

"Drop the act. No one's watching. We're not friends and never will be. You hit me on purpose."

"Wow. You're awful. I was just trying to be friendly, unlike you. Stop causing drama everywhere you go."

"I didn't cause anything."

"Really? Because I was just trying to be nice. You're the one who immediately started being mean. I wonder how you can get away with being such a jackass all the time."

"You—!"

"Except, I guess you're not a jackass all the time, right? You're not a jerk when you're not being overly affectionate to any remotely attractive guy you see."

"Bitch, I only learned what your name was two minutes ago. Don't act as if I'm gonna take any crap you say to heart."

"Right, and you never took anything Luke did to heart either, did you? You're such a man-whore."

"What did you just call me?" Zander clenches his teeth, and his hands ball into fists.

"What? I'm just telling the truth, calm down." Emma smirks at Zander.

Zander sighs, and continues to walk. The nurse's office was just beyond his locker. And for some reason, when he walked past it, he saw black marker all over it.

'Kys!'

'Cheater!'

'Luke could do better'

'A real music FREAK'

Zander paled at what he saw written on his locker. Suppressing the urge to cry, he blinked his tears back, and walked even faster to the nurse's office. This, however, didn't go unnoticed by Emma.

"Aw, is the freak gonna cry? Are you gonna whine about something you did?"

Zander's teeth clenched and continued to speed up. Emma matched his pace.

"Luke probably hates you. I'm surprised you haven't been kicked out of the club, right? I mean, you did the same thing to Jake in September, right?"

"Go away. We're already at the nurse's office." Zander's eyebrows furrowed.

"What are you gonna do, kiss the next guy you see?"

Zander's volume started to rise as he spoke, "Shut up, Emma. No one asked."

"Aww, are you getting mad? Too bad I don't care."

"I'm really not in the mood for your dumbass insults."

Emma simply laughed in response, which made Zander grow more infuriated.

"Look, your face is red. I bet that's what it looked like after your make out session with one of your side-boyfriends."

The rage Zander felt grew larger. Emma noticed his anger, which made her fail to hold in a laugh at him. Since when did Emma's laughs become so annoying?

"Go away!"

"Pfft, are you actually getting mad now?"

Zander really didn't know what came over him, but after that, all of his common sense left him. It started with a punch to Emma's face.

Emma's nose started to bleed, and she kicked Zander in the gut in response.

Emma shouts, "Why the hell are you fighting me, psycho?! I didn't do anything to you!"

Zander begins to pull her hair, "Stop acting as if I started this! You literally hit me square in the face five minutes ago!"

"Th-that was an accident! Are you really gonna hit a girl smaller and younger than you? What a jerk." Emma digs her long nails into Zander's skin, which in turn, begins to bleed.

"You're worse than I am! I'm a shitty person, but at least I'm not you!"

Footsteps come from the nurse's office. A voice rang, "Get off of her! Why are you assaulting a girl like that?"

"Didn't he also cheat on Luke not that long ago? He's not making it any better for himself by hurting her." Another voice spoke.

The nurse herself came out of the room, "What are you two doing?! Get off of each other, right now! I'll get you both healed up, but before anything I'll have you reported to the principal."

A crowd of people were starting to form around them, whispering and pointing. The period was not over yet, so Zander concludes it was probably people in the study hall in the room across, or people with free periods.

Sean came out of the crowd to speak with Zander, "Zander. Why were you fighting that girl? It's not alright to resort to violence."

"Look, I know. But, she definitely had it coming. She's lucky I only pulled her hair, and punched her only once. It barely counted as a fight."

"Punching her face, and giving her a bloody nose doesn't make anything better. She might have deserved it, but you can't stoop down to her level, then."

"She was talking shit about me whilst walking me down the halls. She thinks she can say all that stuff to my face, and expects I'd let her get away with it!"

"You're not making it any better for yourself if you resort to fighting. Remember what happened with Milly?"

"Yeah. Look, Sean. I'm glad you're not angry with me, I just need a break. I was fed up with everything that happened."

"That's alright. And if you need something, just send me a text."

"Right. Thanks, Sean."

"No problem."

From the P/A system, Zander heard, "Alexzander Wickham and Emma Grant, report to the principal's office immediately."

The two walked away from the crowd of people and to the office. The principal's office was not very far from the nurse's office, so the two continued walking in the direction they already were walking in.