Chapter 27: Speaking Car?

It all happened so fast-Maia could not make sense of it.

One second, they were rolling over the edge of the cliff at high speeds. Then the world began to spin, and she closed her eyes dizzily.

All at one there was a loud clunking sound. She waited for the crash but felt nothing-only stillness.

Opening her eyes, Maia gazed around dizzily. They were in the corvette resting on an overhang of the side of the cliff!

"We're....safe," Jacob broke the silence in a breathless voice. "We're alive!" He squeezed Maia's hand.

"Yeah, now let's get out of this car," Maia tried the door handle and thank the Lord it was unlocked. She practically fell out and almost hit the ground since she was so unsteady and shaken by the fall.

Jacob helped her to regain her balance.

I have to find out who's controlling this car! Maia then turned and faced the car, putting her hands on her hips. "Okay, whoever is controlling you better show themselves now as they almost killed us back there! I know you aren't just a regular car!"

There was silence. Maia was about to speak again when another, new and unfamiliar voice spoke up in broken English. "Fine! Give me second."

Both Jacob and Maia jumped, startled.

"Did that voice just come from the car?" Jacob whispered to Maia. She nodded her head slightly, her jaw dropped.

There was a suddenly clicking sound as the car began to shake and vibrate. All at once it furled upwards into a large red metal robot not unlike the monster that had just been chasing them!