World War Three

Jack places both his and dad's ID cards on the two Slitheen. "Deadly to humans, maybe." Dad remarks, watching electricity surround the two creatures.

Jack turns and runs out of the room with dad following behind him. They get to reception to see security guards standing. "Oi! If you want aliens, you've got them. They're inside Downing Street." Dad tells them. "Come on!" They turn and lead them back into the conference room.

*****

I rush out of the room and down the corridor with Rose and Harriet.

"No, wait!" Harriet shouts as we stop. "They're still in there! The emergency protocols. We need them!"

I roll my eyes and run back into the room, only to see Margaret as the Slitheen still. I turn and run back into the corridor, grabbing Harriet and Rose's hand on the way.

*****

Dad and Jack run into the conference room with the security guards behind them, only to see the general and Joseph back in the human bodies.

"Where have you been? I called for help." Joseph calls. "I sounded the alarm. There was this lightening, this kind of...er...electricity, and they all collapsed."

"I think they're all dead." A soldier remarks, checking for a pulse on one of the professionals.

"That's what I'm saying. He did it!" He points at my dad, completely ignoring Jack. "That man there."

"I think you will find the Prime Minister is an alien in disguise." Dad remarks, but the security guard just looks at him. "That's never going to work, is it?"

"No." Jack shakes his head.

"Fair enough." Dad sighs and runs out of the room with him, and down the hall.

*****

Rose slams every door behind her, Harriet, and I until we get to a room, seeing it is locked. "Damn it." I mutter. "I need to build a sonic screwdriver."

I let go of Rose and Harriet's hand, backing up and kick the door open with all my strength just as the lift door opens to reveal my dad and Jack.

Margaret turns to them, and Jack winks at me.

I blush and pull Rose and Harriet into the room. "Hide." I order them, running over to the couch and crouch down whilst Rose hides behind the curtains, and Harriet hides behind the screen.

"Oh, such fun." Margaret enters the room. "Little Human children, where are you? Sweet little humeykins...come to me! Let me kiss you better, kiss you with my big, green lips!"

I hear more footsteps. "My brothers." Margaret greets.

I poke my head out from the side of the couch to see two more of her kind. The General and Joseph. "Happy hunting?" One of them asks her.

"It's wonderful. The more you prolong it, the more they stink."

"Sweat and fear." The other one says.

"I can smell an old girl. Stale bird and brittle bones."

"A strong, fearless woman. Not a single weak bone in her body." Margaret growls.

"And a ripe youngster, all hormones and adrenalin. Fresh enough to bend before she snaps!"

I get up just as Margaret tries to move the curtain where Rose is. "Take me, not them!" I glare at them. "I'm the only one here who isn't human."

Dad and Jack crashes into the room with fire extinguishers in their hands, blasting the three aliens. "Out!" Jack shouts. "With us!"

I grab Rose and rush over to dad and Jack.