Chap 9: Mistakes?

The empty halls somewhat gave me a sense of peace, a little rest after the storm i have been through. Step by step, i walk downstairs slowly.

I was greeted by the receptionist, the only person who was i have seen inside the inn today. I decided to get some breakfast, it was a quick and fulfilling breakfast. So fulfilling i could remember it forever, however it took me only 10 minutes to forget what i had for the first meal of the day because..

As i walked back to my room's door, wanting to take a rest for the day, finding job is for tomorrow. I have been through alot and wanted to reward myself for it.

"Hello, young man." A lady in the other side of the hallways said, i waved her hello before opening the door. Suddenly i felt something wrapping through my arm, a chain?! The lady threw a chain at me that perfectly wrapped around my wrist as she pulled it, dragging me onto the ground.

I pulled my arm out from it, backing up from her.

"W-what the hell do you want?!" I held my arm, the grip was so tight i didn't believe it was by an old woman at all.

"I was paid by the man with the white headband to come and kill you." She spins the chain, on a second glare i notice there was a triangle dagger attached to the other side of her metal chain.

"Goddam it, Sore!" My hatred for Sore became greater, burning brighter. What have i ever done to him? I asked myself, receiving a slice on the face from her dagger during my moment of distraction.

"Now, die for me!"

The lady swings her chain consecutively, i couldn't do anything but block her attacks. I was far away from her and she wasn't giving me a single second to rest.

"Damn it, what do i do?!" I thought to myself, trying to calm my panic. Then i soon realized, if i can't advance because of her attack, i can advance if her attacks doesn't affect me. So i rammed my body onto the door, breaking then grabbing it as a shield, running at the lady then slamming it against her. She fell back, seemingly lost the will to fight as she drops her weapon and starts begging for mercy.

"Please..y-young man, spare my life, i have very little time left and i just wanted to make the most of it.. that's why i accepted his payment to assassinate you! I promise i won't tell him, please let me go.."

I heard her ramble, and ramble, something about begging for her life. I didn't care much, but then i kicked away her chain while breathing heavily.

"Only THIS time, alright?"

As soon as i said so, i saw the most sinister smile on her face. I coughed out a whole puddle of blood and fell down, my old wounds leaking blood as i was left almost paralyzed. The woman stood up and laughed at me.

"You fool, putting on the bandages of someone who you don't know is a big mistake!"

The bandages and medicine were poisonous? Man, I seriously believed there was still a kind heart out there that would be willing to help me.

During my most desperate moment, i moved my hand and grabbed onto the chain as the lady looked in curiosity. Only able to move somewhat of my left arm, which was the least damaged part of my body after the fight last night. I remained somewhat fine for not getting bandages wrapped around it, though it won't last for long as the poison would spread and i would soon be completely statued.

I swung the chain with all my might, the dagger pierces through the woman's head as she falls onto the ground. She bleeds out to death as i was finally able to get off the ground, the poison seemingly gone, i guessed that it was part of her ability so it goes to hell with her.

"Aw man.. now i gotta leave before they accuse me of murder." I stumbled out of the inn, as soon as i walked a few meters outside, i heard a scream from the upper floor where i rented. I ran away, catching a bus to a town that's far away enough.

However, i slept on the bus. Forgetting to get off the bus to the station i intended to go to. Thanks to the fact i was trying to get away as far as possible from my 'family', i did not mind where i get to.

"God damn it, where am i now?"

The sun sets as i walked off the bus, finding myself in a strange town i have never been to, nor heard of.

I open my wallet to check how much i had left and surprisingly.. i still had enough. Though, i was lost, and i didn't know what to do, it became a strange experience which i had never once gone through in my life.. i guess i was too spoiled after all. Good food, luxury, butlers, nice toys, everything i wanted was given to me, but the one thing i needed never came to me.
I sat under a bench, munching on a buttery baguette, hoping that it would save me from starving. Now come to think of it, i have went quite far, so good chances that Sore's little 'army' can no longer get to me. I just hope that all those red coaters, Cola and the old lady was all that consisted his army, any more assassins coming to me or any red battalion sent to me would certainly ruin my mood. And probably my physical health as well, my body was all battered and bruised up.

I sat alone, munching on the piece of bread. Everything was going fine until i started feeling tears falling on my face, damn. I was truly unhappy with my life, how worse can it get? I get into fights with school gangs for bets that i can't avoid, everyone turns a blind eye on me, i have not a single friend, i killed a lady and the police might be after me as i am sitting here while an army of demonic creatures want to control me? The world seems to be against me.

I feel like i messed up somewhere, i just don't know where.

END OF CHAP 9.