Chapter 6

Vinny's eyes widened in shock. "But... but you can't!" He cried out."It's impossible!"
"No, it's not." She shook her head. "Strahd will pay for the damages he has done to the friends, community, and the spirits of this land, and I will make sure of it."

Vinny took off his hat and ran his fingers through his chocolate hair. "You adventurers stress me out, you know that, right?" He aspirated.
Raine smiled softly and stood up from the river bank. She felt rather confident despite having a minor injury now.

"Back to the cart then I pressume?" Vinny asked. Raine nodded and led him back.
Raine smiled softly as she walked back to the wagon. She saw the others loading a large barrel into the wagon. "Ah, you have returned. I thought the little half elf was running away." Beau grinned playfully.

Raine's eyes narrowed. "No, I actually came back to make a proposition." She explained.
"Oh?" Nick grunted. "Can it wait till after we load this barrell?" Nick asked as he and Andre struggled to load the barrel.

Vinny quickly jumped in to help them, despite not having much strength. Andre and Nick pushed the barrel into the carriage, making it the second barrel to be put in. "I believe that is all of it." Andre panted and wiped the sweat from his brow.

"Thank the morning, Lord." Vinny sighed in relief. Andre and Nick loaded themselves into the carriage, and Beau sat in the driver's seat. Andre offered Raine a hand to hop in as well. Vinny pushed himself up to the carriage. Beau cracked the straps to the horse, and the horse spurred off at a steady pace.

"So what is this proposition you mentioned?" Andre asked curiously.
"You all are adventures, correct?" Raine started. "I would like to help aid you in a similar goal." She offered.
"And what would that be?" Nick questioned.
"To avenge prior friends and kill Strahd." She spoke with determination.

Andre's eyes widened. "Kill Strahd?" He asked. "We haven't even really considered that yet." He pondered. Raine looked at him confused. "You can't believe that Strahd is a good person, can you?" She scoffed.
"Who are we to judge what a king does with his land?" Beau smiled simply.

"First of all, Strahd is NOT a king." Raine started. "And secondly, if you haven't already, take a look around! These monstrosities all around you are made by Strahd!" She argued. "You friend Kosmic was killed by Strahd!" She exclaimed. "My friend Kosmic was killed by Strahd!" She yelled.

Andre and Nick frowned and looked to each other. "Alright. We'll help, but first, we need to deliver this back to Vallaki." Andre explained. Raine and Vinny nodded, taking seats in the cart.

"Are we gonna tell them?" Nick asked Andre in a whisper. "No. They don't need to know." Beau shook his head. "Tell us what?" Vinny asked curiously. "Nothing. It is a personal business." Beau said casually.

"Where are we going? This isn't the way back to vallaki." Raine frowned. Beau sighed. "That is because we're not going to Vallaki." He explained.
"What do you mean?" Vinny's brows furrowed. Andre folded his hands and began to think of how to explain this. "We were told that the reason the winery was practically bone dry was because of these 3 orbs that were there to grow the trees." Andre spoke.

Raine's brows furrowed. "Magic orbs?" She asked, confused. "Yes." Andre nodded.
Beau parked the cart in the middle of a field where a tall stump stood. The stump was at least 15 feet tall and had two branches sticking out on each end. It had looked at styled into a small hut.

"And we believe one of which is here". Nick spoke. Raine hopped out of the cart her body still sore from the previous nights events.

As we stepped out of the cart, everyone's ears began to ring with the sound of dozens of crows screaming, making it nearly impossible to hear the creature next to you.

In front of the hut was a large skull, fashioned upside down and appeared to be a cart of some kind. "A cart that floats? That's interesting". Vinny mumbled, looking rather on edge.

Andre led the group and opened the door to the hut, and stepped inside. Once inside, a humming could be heard by a older woman. Her voice scratchy yet, smooth sounding.

The interior of the hut was very small, Andre looked around the hut it was very claustrophobic for him. Raine was the next inside and her eyes focused on the furniture. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary, a table, a closet, a wardrobe that looked withered, the most concerning piece was a iron tub that was stained orange with blood.

Vinny took a gulp and entered with the rest of the group making it rather crowded.
"Hello?" Beau called out. The humming stopped. The elderly woman who was turned away from them at her desk grumbled.

"Who... are you?" She turned around and smiled with a old toothy grin, something was very wrong with her expression, as if there was nothing but cold darkness behind her eyes. Her face fell shortly once realizing who they party was.

"What do you want?" Her voice hoarse. She took her abnormally long claw like fingers and adjusted her cloak. "We were told there was something to help us in our adventures here" Nick spoke. Beau looked around suspicious of his surroundings. He got the feeling that something was very wrong here.

The elderly woman grumbled at the party. "I can assure you there is nothing here for you." She hissed.
"We were told otherwise". Beau spoke
"Silence!" She screamed and waved her finger at him. "You dare come into my home and tell me I owe you something?!" She accused.

A sudden realization came to mind with Raine. 'It's her' she thought. 'Its Baba Lysaga'
"We need to leave..." Raine whispered to Andre. "Not without the orb". He mumbled back.
"Whats the crib for?" Beau asked calmly.
"My son." She explained with a huff.
"My baby boy Strahd..."

The party's hearts came to halt for a moment. "You're Strahds Mother!?" Vinny yelped.