𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1

January 26 2011 ~ Mystic Falls, Virginia

All she could do was wait until her sister was done with her unnecessary and rather petty business with the 3 high schoolers.

The woman groaned with impatience "Bekah do I really need to be here right now?"

"Astrid be a darling and help your baby sister out please" Rebekah responded with a fake sweet tone. "Set their brains on fire or something."

"Real mature Rebekah" the Forbes girl scowled as she rolled her eyes, her voice just dripping with sarcasm.

Stefan still tried to reason with Rebekah even though he knew deep down that it was futile "Alright we get it you're pissed, just let us go now."

Astrid just rolled her eyes in response to all this, she honestly forgot that her little sister was turned when she was quite literally on the brink of adulthood. She grew quite tired of babysitting her "Okay look, I can't be bothered to take part in your teenage drama at the moment Bekah, now if you'll excuse me I have other places to be." and with that she turned to exit the library.

Before she even managed to take 2 steps towards the exit door Elena scoffed at her "Are you seriously just going to let her keep us hostages? You know Klaus won't be happy about this!"

She didn't usually mind the Gilbert girl - even though she was a bit annoying but name one high schooler who isn't - she even helped her when Klaus put her in danger a few times. And she actually sort of liked Caroline, despite the fact that she's into her brother for some twisted reason. However, Astrid couldn't help but grin devilishly at the thought of messing with her brother once again. She's had enough of trying to appease him just so that he doesn't ruin her life again. "All the more reason for me to leave you guys here to suffer and to hopefully die." And with that she was out the door, still with a big wicked smile on her face.

She started wandering down the halls, searching for the exit, whistling a random song she heard on the radio on her way to the school. That was until she heard a loud voice coming from somewhere. She froze.

It sounded a lot like screaming. And whoever that person was, they were screaming in pain. At first she thought that maybe Rebekah was torturing Elena or something considering how much Rebekah despised the baby vamp, but then she realised that she was nowhere near the library, and the screaming sounded from somewhere very close.

"Hello?? Anybody here?" as soon the words came out of her mouth the screaming then seized. Even though it seemed sort of stupid to just basically announce her presence to someone or something that is potentially dangerous, she simply did not care.

And there was obviously no answer.

That was until a door suddenly swung open, she gasped in shock as she was thrown against a locker and she felt someone's hand wrapped tightly around her throat, choking her. She could have fought them off but it was like her brain was still trying to process what was happening. That's unfortunately one of the downsides of being a witch, you don't have the same reflexes that vampires do. After a few seconds the man realised who he was choking and he immediately released his hold.