𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸

The witch was having an internal battle in her head

The witch was having an internal battle in her head. She was undecided on how to act upon this situation. The idea of actually of Rebekah taking the cure always seemed impossible to her, to her it wasn't even possible in an alternate universe, mostly because Astrid kept contemplating on whether her baby sister would genuinely like a human life or not. Rebekah loved feeling powerful, she had grown too accustomed to her vampiric powers. And what if taking the cure kills off her entire sireline? Just like like it happened with Finn's, she thought about this being a possibility. Do all those vampires deserve to die just so that she can be happy? But then again wasn't she planning on killing Klaus? He may deserve it but she didn't think that all vampires had to die because of his actions. However, the Mikaelson witch was too blinded by revenge.

Once Rebekah realised that Kol was actually gonna kill Shane she immediately stepped towards him, shoving him backwards "Stop! He's of no use dead."

This snapped Astrid out of her internal battle and looked incredulously at Rebekah as if she had grown two heads "Did you not hear a word of what he just said? Silas will kill us all!"

"Silas does not exist. He is a- a fairytale made up to scare children into eating their vegetables" Rebekah was being stubborn and naive as usual.

Shane spoke up again "Silas is very real. I know where he's buried and soon I will have the spell that wakes him."

Kol shook his head at him "Wait a second, you're lying! You can't get to him-."

Shane still struggling to breathe clutching his ribcage he finally spoke "Without his tombstone? Dozens to die in a blood sacrifice? Believe me I know! I've done it."

Rebekah gaped in surprise "You're the one that got the council blown up."

Shane held his head up high, looking proud "It was a noble sacrifice. A temporary. Because once I raise Silas, Silas will raise the dead. He will bring back every last soul that died on his behalf." Astrid thought that he sounded like a madman. He seemed extremely obsessed, especially with the way he was trying to excuse his vile actions. To say she was disgusted by him and his actions would be an understatement. It wasn't hard for her to finally put two and two together, she knew exactly who he was going to use in order to raise Silas. And the moment she realised she was boiling with rage.

Astrid's muscles tensed as she had her fists clenched by her sides. The witch threw a death stare at Shane and slowly stepped towards him, everyone went silent as the lights suddenly started flickering "You mean you will have Bonnie wake him up, don't you? You've been manipulating this poor young girl since the day you met her. When she was at her most vulnerable and desperate to gain her magic back. And you've been turning her into your secret weapon. If you want to stay alive you better leave her alone you hear me." Shane backed up instinctively.