Am I the mistress?

Jace has a wife!  Does that make me a mistress?  Well no... because Jace and I don't actually have a thing.  Don't get me wrong the chemistry I feel between us is undeniable, but I know it's wrong for me to like him especially now that he has a wife! Everything just feels so complicated and confusing right now. 

  I mean, I knew that Max had a mother but I didn't think that she was really still in the picture... and I certainly didn't think that Jace was married! Did I miss read everything that's been happening between Jace and I these last couple of days? We even kissed! To be fair one kiss happened in my dreams... but our first real kiss was in reality! It was hot, passionate, and the best make-out session I've ever had in my life. I did kiss him first, but he was tempting me! Right? It's not my fault that he only ever gives me sweet concerned eyes or intense seductive eyes, and his body language... 

    My psychology professor would definitely say that Jace and I have an attraction towards each other. I mean we'd be like a textbook example of drawn to each other... like a moth to a flame. What is wrong with me? Why am I thinking about Jace like we could ever actually be something. 

  My mind is all over the place right now! I know I shouldn't have kissed him earlier in my room but it felt so right... and he clearly thought it felt right too because he kissed me back. I did however push him away... and ever since that moment this morning things have felt really weird. I made the mistake of giving into my urges and now look where I am... I made things awkward and now I'm catching feelings for a man that has a wife and is also my boss! I've made things so much more complicated for myself...

 "Ahem. Are you mute now?"    A woman's voice cuts through the air and I suddenly realize that I've been in my head and not in the present.  I snap out of my trance and stare back at the tall put together woman standing in front of me. Her hair is a burgundy red and she has diamond studded earrings on, paired with what I assume to be a diamond necklace that lays perfectly on her chest. It's like the devil wears Prada is in the room with me right now... I gulp slightly intimidated and stand up a little taller. 

  "Sorry! I'm just a little surprised to see you... Jace didn't mention that you would be coming."  I finally speak shooting her my best welcoming smile.

"Jace also didn't mention that he was married, in fact he didn't mention you at all!" I think to myself. 

  "Right... well then, Max aren't you going to come give your mother a hug?" She says pointedly turning her focus onto Max. I look down at him and I can tell he's uncomfortable by the way he's squeezing my hand. I bend down next to him and rub soothing circles around his back. 

  "Hey buddy, you alright?" I ask softly a little bit concerned with how he's behaving. I thought he'd be excited to see his mom... If my psychology professor was here, he'd definitely say Max's body language is coming off scared... 

  "Yeah, I- I'm ok... I'm just a little nervus..." He replies all cute as he looks at the ground. I hear a scoff and look up to see Max's mother rolling her eyes... Looks like patience is definitely not her thing... 

  "It's okay to be nervous Max, I get nervous all the time... but I think your mom really missed you. You think you could go tell her hello... and then we can watch Toy Story later." I smile, gently encouraging him to show some love to his... stiff mother? At the mention of watching Toy Story he beams at me and noticeably relaxes. He nods his head at me with a smile and timidly walks over to his mom. As he reaches her she slightly bends down to give him what I think is a hug? She gives him a little squeeze and Max just stands there with his arms wrapped gently around her waist. 

  "I missed you dearest!" She exclaims and then pats his head like a dog, before shooing him back towards me. Max practically runs to me and embraces me in a real hug. I can't help but to hug him back and smile down at his adorable sweet self. When I look up I'm met with an icy stare from Max's mother...  it doesn't feel like she's very fond of me right now. Before I can try to break the ice, Jace briskly walks in looking between his wife and I with worried eyes.