Prologue

[Present Day]

[Present Day]

     Times change, people too, yes. But to what extent? What leads them to?

     The walls of Seoul International Group of Schools confiscated many memories and stories of the past. From the adventures of haughty students climbing over the low fences to escape and bunk classes just to hang out in the nearby café to munch on some snacks or be it the tiring laps that students begged for mercy from their PT teachers.

     Session after session, batch after batch, it has continued to impart knowledge to several future onlookers, curious minds, mischievous last benchers and an abundance of future CEOs and managers. But the premises of the main school, from which the chain of schools originated from, that had stationed itself at the heart of the metropolis city, being one of the most prestigious schools in South Korea, have witnessed nothing more memorable than the nascent love story of two young juveniles. It has never heard and remembered a more beautiful escapade than the hidden touches the two teenagers would steal under the Acer palmatum, a distinguished Japanese maple tree that grew at an isolated corner of the school's huge expanse of a playground. Nothing was more beautiful than the words of promise abundant in adrenaline and emotions and whispers of sweet nothings that the breeze eavesdropped upon on a lazy afternoon as all retired to their hostel rooms, being completely drained after the hefty day. But the two stayed, defeating even the lack of rest and the scorching sun in the summers or the cold winds in the winter, that was unable to keep their bodies unconnected from passionate lip-locks. And desolate was the devastating end of it due to departure. A year later, they had to bifurcate their paths when one of them, falling victim to the invisible but tyrannical chains of society backed away from their relationship and one, who had countless expectations and responsibilities to bear on his broad shoulders, couldn't avoid them anymore.

     It was for ages to remember. For the cool, tranquil breeze to whisper it in the form of encrypted sighs to clueless ears, those that fail to fathom what the breeze tries to serenade. For the wind to cradle its vestiges away in its motherly, affectionate arms, replacing any trace of their love story with barren land as the wind does not want people to mock the beautiful bond. Only the walls, the maple tree and the discreet peeks from the pillars commemorated this mesmerizing beauty of their love.

     Moreover, it set an example for the future generations to come. Those who knew about them have always wondered, how? How did it happen?

     What caused these years to showcase such events that are unimaginable? What changed?

     SPLASH!

      Officer Kim Namjoon now stands in front of the man he's assigned to have a word with. He's a ruthless criminal, a murderer. A bloodthirsty one who kills for money. And there has been enough ticking from his watch to indicate the amount of time he has wasted deriving nothing out of the callous man who was sitting luxuriously on the chair assigned to him. Sporting no sign of pain though he is kept immobile and tied down, he sits being drenched in water, his fingers cold and numb.

     "Nice costume. You look hot, my man," the deadly breacher comments with a bleeding lower lip, only for another clean punch to land on his face, but it stops midway.

     "You won't spit right?" Namjoon growls. If he could, he wouldn't hesitate to put two bullets in that bumptious head but he doesn't wish to get fired or penalized either.

     "What's in it for me? Would I get my ass wrecked in return? Daddy~" the outlaw winks, pairing it with a smirk.

     Ugh, he's fucking with me.

     A loud exasperated sigh and a disgusted grimace was thrown at him following with the former from the police force leaving the enquiry cell.

     "Any luck getting a word outta that fella?" a tall man came across once Namjoon exited the room, heaving noisily, a cauldron of repressed anger boiling his nerves.

     "Nope, he's one of those stubborn ones, prolly the most! Ugh!" Infuriated, he lets a sigh escape.

     "So, what's next?"

     Namjoon puts his index on his chin, meditating over the situation meticulously and after a while, momentarily grins and passes on the further briefing, "We follow our old rule." He affirms with determination. "Let's dig into his past and see if we can get anything."

     The said man nods with an assuring smile. "Sure sir, I'll get the data right away."

     "Good." He nods and the pat that he gave to the other man conversed about the duty he entrusted him with.

❦❦❦

     "What do you mean that bloodthirst V's real name is Kim Taehyung?! What do you mean that the man in that cell is Taehyung!" A hard slap was planted on the glass table and the other men present there flinched, almost fearing the raged officer was capable of breaking the poor material.

     "No…" Namjoon mouths his fears involuntarily, mind disarrayed.

     Taehyung?

     Our Taehyung?!

     The one Jin hyung talked about so much in our teen years?

     He needs to find out.

     Namjoon was forced to ponder over the question this story begins with.

—❦❦❦—

____________________

NEW BOOK HIIIHIHIII! ✨

Sorry, I'll have to leave it here without another update probably until July ends? I don't know. But I hope the wait will be worth it when I will publish the chapters and you all get to the storyline! This was just to give a taste of the meal we're gonna have, hehe, (or you can say the ticket to the roller coaster ride we're gonna go on. 👀)

Please, always know how your feedback and votes means a LOT to me so don't forget to show your love. 😭

Till the next chapter!

El out!