What did you just say?

The next morning in the Meshram household was the usual they had before; Sunil was making breakfast while Sakshi helped him, Sunita was sipping her tea while flipping through news channels on their television and Saanvi came out of her room just after her bath.

When she woke up early in the morning, she realized her phone was switched off due to not charging it the night before. As she put the phone in charge, she started doing her daily routine starting from arranging the room as well as keeping the books she needed for the day. Once she was sure that everything was done according to her, she got ready and got out of her room. For some reason, Saanvi was feeling relentless since she woke up as if something was going to happen.

Once she came outside to dry her towel, she saw the same group she saw the day before playing gully cricket except only two people were not in the group, Sachit, and Saatvik. Ever since the night before, Saanvi was feeling different. Different as in, she was feeling something she had never felt before. Yes, she had her share of crushes in her life, thanks to her studying in co-ed schools every four years. But having a crush is different and having someone to look at you the way she had always seen the MC in the K-dramas she adores is different.

She was sure her cold heart which fluttered twice in her life so far including the night before was melted with the way Saatvik kissed her in her hand. Saanvi was still in her trance when she saw Sachit looking at her while he had a bunch of newspapers in his hand. She noticed the way he was feeling guilty and with a simple gesture with her hand, she asked him to come up to their house.

Sunita who stopped surfing through news channels due to a call from her office didn't notice the photo of Saanvi with Saatvik showing on the local news channel. The moment Saanvi opened the main door of their house for Sachit, he saw the photo instantly with wide eyes. Following his gaze, she looked at the news channel with her photo on it and saw the headline: Who is this mysterious girl dating Saatvik Sardesai?

"What is the meaning of this?" Saanvi says as she unmuted the channel that was playing the news and hears the news anchor talking about her.

"Last night, we got some information that the city's heartthrob has been dating this girl for a few days. We just know her first name so far and looking at the other photo that was taken last night, Medhansh Kulkarni, son of business tycoon Mahesh Kulkarni, is someone she is close with." The news anchor says. "From the amount of information we have for now, it is clear that the girl is dating not just Saatvik Sardesai but also double-timing Medhansh Kulkarni. We will give you more information about the couple after a short break, so stay tuned."

"I am dating Saatvik Sardesai and double timing Medhansh?" Saanvi says not believing the words that came out of her mouth. "That's rubbish! And who do they think they are? I am not dating anyone as of the moment and I double timing Medhansh?"

"Saanvi, let me explain," Sachit says at which point they show the photo of her with Saatvik in front of the stadium on the screen. "They took a picture of you with him in the stadium, and they think you are dating him now."

"But I do not even know that much about him, let alone date him. Why would they think that I am dating him? And why is Medhansh involved in this drama as well?"

"I am not sure about Medhansh's involvement in this story but Saatvik has no idea about this at all," Sachit says. "I even called Susheela Aunty, who also takes care of his house. She told me that he left the house early in the morning. He left with his father and he hasn't been picking up his call since then."

"I don't care about that, tell me, does he not even have a single idea about this whole news at all?" Saanvi asks.

Sachit shakes his head. "I don't know."