Chap 10: The Loop Of Pain.

Almost a year. It has been almost a year since i have spent my time in this town, not much have happened except for the fact i have rented a.. not that good room and made money on my own, i work as a waiter for this fancy restaurant which i didn't even believe i got the job from. No, seriously, how did i get hired? I asked them for a job and submitted my application just to wait for a "no, we don't hire poor-looking and unexperienced people here" which to my surprise ended up with a yes. I was extremely shocked. 

Here i am, 9 am in my the kind of medium kind of poor quality rental room. Maybe we could call it lower-middle class room, i suppose. I sit on my bed almost all day doing nothing but surfing the internet on my phone during that supposed-to-be productive Saturday. 

As i opened the window for some fresh air, i noticed a man from below painting posters everywhere. Wait.. wait, wait, wait, that can't be. 

Despite being on the second floor, my first glance of the poster sent chills down my spine. Unable to resist my curiosity, i ran downstairs and looked at the poster. 

It was a poster of me, with a big 'WANTED' below it. I gasped, having to rub my eyes to make sure they weren't fooling me. Then i pinched myself, only to confirm this wasn't a dream. 

I immediately ripped the poster off and hid in my room until it was pitch black outside. Knowing that sooner or later my parents would find me, if not the police first. Why the hell couldn't they just leave me be? They never cared for me, they never helped me, they were the only ones who could have stopped my life from worsening yet they pointlessly worked over nothing. I wasn't even their child, the thoughts ran through my mind as i packed up everything of value into a single backpack.

I peeked out of the room to find if there was anybody left in the apartment, i slowly and sneakily escaped the apartment. Once again fleeing from my problems towards freedom. 

I almost fell onto the ground as soon as i got out, the annoying cramps on my calf stops me from moving. I sat down and grunted, holding my leg in pain until the cramps goes away.. That's what i get for overworking in the gym. 

"Ugh.. damn it, not now.." 

Yes, i do go to the gym. Very regularly, in fact, because my power is mostly based of strength so i have to train in order to be ready in case Sore or his minions find me. It's either i fight them, or i die. At this point i have no problem with facing death itself, a part of me would even greet it with open arms considering all the things my life contain is not worth protecting. Since when did i become so negative? I asked myself, already forgotten the fact that i had arrived at the bus station. 

I felt somewhat sleepy, somewhat still determined to keep going. However the sleepiness won as i was informed by the receptionist that the next bus will arrive in 30 minutes. I had a bowl of noodles at a stall nearby then took a nap on the counter. 

BANG.

I heard an explosion nearby, almost ignoring it as if i assumed that it was either nothing or my own imagination. But then i felt something blasting me far away, i was knocked onto the ground outside of the station then once again fell into unconsciousness. 

"HAHAHA! He's already out?! Man, i thought he was supposed to give us such a hard time like how he used to! Now man's like a dead rat."  I heard a voice, a tone of voice so familiar to the point of disgust, i know who that was.. the only problem is that my body isn't getting up as of now. I hear him.. no, THEM getting closer, because he wasn't here alone. 

"Just get it over with, shall we?

"Hah, definitely."
Two other disgustingly familiar voices. Footsteps can be heard, they are coming closer.. I need to get up! My finger moved, then my hand followed by my eyes opening as i got off the ground, greeted with the sight of the destroyed station and three figures standing beneath the shadows.. i already knew who they were, and their reasoning behind coming after me. 

The trio of chaos, leader of the school's gang and the ones who have treated me like an absolute garbage, forcing me to fight for bets and to resolve their conflicts with other gangs. How many times have i been sent to the hospitals because of them? How many times have i tried to escape, then threatened by them that they will do this and that to me, or someone close to me.. which i never had that many. 

Brad, Kenton and Shane. I don't know if they were triplet twins or not.. but they look almost exactly the same, usually only recognized by the difference in their voices. However, this time i could easily tell who is who due to them.. having "new body parts." 

"Aww, he's up again! Right, since when did he admit that he was a total loser?" Kenton said, rubbing his.. glowing bright red eye. 

"Scram." I said to them as they stood only a few meters away from me on top of the rubble they turned the bus station into. I sigh tiredly, right.. since when did words work against the likes of them? Not even in movies, not even in my wildest dreams. 

"Oh, well we should scram then. Right Brad?" Shane said, laughing while he looked to the left where Brad stood. Shane now has a black arm for whatever reason. 

"Heh, definitely not. Hey James.. ever heard of Sore?" Brad said, that word was like an arrow that stabbed right through my fragile soul. Despite that, i kept my cool and looked down. He had a black leg.. so, they all were given different abilities? Sore, you piece of garbage. I slammed my right fist into my left palm then gritted my teeth as i screamed on top of my lungs, the devastating scream that comes right from deep inside my heart, the scream that's filled with anger, hatred, and possibly every single negative emotion known to man. 

"I JUST WANTED A PEACEFUL LIFE, IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!" 

END OF CHAP 10.