03

The sudden interest of the school's most popular student to this unpopular nerd student, Caitlin Viray who had become the talk of not just the entire ADMU High but also in the other schools in Manila. Sino ba naman ang hindi sisikat kung ang pangalan mo ay nali-linked sa isang Bea De Leon. Lahat naman siguro naniniwala na nagkatotoo nga sa totoong buhay ang mala-fairy tale na love story.

Her friends were even worse. What she expects is ma-understand sya ng kanyang mga kaibigan na walang caitbea love story, but they find it cute because the one and only Bea De leon is wooing her.

Dahil sa galit niya agad niyang sinubo sa kanyang bunganga ang pancake na wala man lang butter at syrups. She frowned at her table, yet again not missing the sudden dropping of voices inside the hall.

Then she saw the white sneakers obviously owned by the tall girl na gusto niyang sakalin sa pagkakataong ito. She rolled her eyes as if knowing exactly what happened next.

"Good morning, Cait." Binati nya ito na may pananabik.

Wala man lang reply na natanggap ang matangkad na babae mula sa babaeng binati nya.

"Ahmm... Listen, I was wondering if you would like to take some time off after classes and just walk towards the park. I mean, it would be amazing just sitting under trees on the bench and talk?"

Dumungaw si Cait sa bintana at sinabing, "Are you stupid? The sky is dark it would probably rain!"

Bea smiled. "I'll bring umbrella... two umbrellas."

Cait looked like she was considering it, knowing it was one of her dream fantasy - holding hands under the rain with the one she loves. Realizing what's in her mind right now, she jerked away.

"Really? You'd go with all these romantic bullshits for me?"

"It's not romantic bullshits, Cait. Come on. I know you are having serious doubts about this, but why will I do all these stuffs, then?" Bea was pleading her case.

Cait was playing at her fingernails, casting the girl a defiant look. "Ewan ko, baka may bet kayong magkakaibigan kung gaano katagal mo makukuha ang v-card ko."

"Now, that's ridiculous." Bea said. "Will you be honest with me? Why don't you like me?"

"Fine." Cait stood up from the table at hinarap si Bea. She could feel Ysa and Bel holding her down. Para pigilan sya kung ano mang kahibangan ang iniisip nya ngayon at kung ano man ang masabi nya sa babaeng kaharap nya. She yanked her arms away from them and glared at Bea.

"I hate that your hair is so shiny, I could tell you pay thousands just to get that shine. I hate the way you dress, you seemed to forget that this is school and not a fashion show! I hate the way you drag your friends' ass like you're some almighty who needed protection. I hate the way you talk because a single word from you makes everyone nervous they think it's law. I hate to watch your games because it seemed all too boring knowing you'll win it anyway. I hate the way you make me feel so mad at you without even knowing the real reason why! I hate it when you make me realize you are so just above me and I could not reach you, Bea! I hate it when you are like this, it makes me hope and makes it too difficult for me to let you go! I hate this because I am just Caitlin Viray and you are Bea De Leon!

Cait screamed, gasping for air. Then her eyes widened, realizing the words she had said. She sat down, tears rolling down her face and losing strength on her knees and just as Bea tried to walked toward her, but she stopped her.

"Please, just leave me alone." She stood, walking away from the hall, leaving everyone closed to tears.