Chapter 2 🌻

Savannah:

I heard screams come from up ahead. We stopped for a second and looked at each other, nodded, before I rode ahead holding up my bat ready for what was to come. There was a blonde woman on the ground fighting off a dead one that was on top of her. I rode over, swinging my bat, colliding it with the dead one knocking it off of the frightened woman. "Lori? Lori Grimes?" I questioned.

"I'm Lori." A brunette woman answered, stepping forward. "Rick sent us, ya gotta come now." I stated, looking over the group before us. "What?" She questioned confused.

"There's been an accident. Carl's been shot. He's still alive but you've got to come now." Maggie explained. Lori stood shocked, clearly unsure of what to believe or what to do. I had taken notice of the burly man holding the crossbow who wouldn't take his eyes off of me. At first he looked between my sister, and I then just kept eye contact with me until he noticed I was looking, only then did he look away.

"Rick needs you. Just come." I expressed, growing slightly impatient. Lori shoved off her bag and made her way over to Maggie, climbing onto the back of the horse. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. We don't know these girls. You can't get on that horse." The burly man protested, but Lori didn't listen. As the moment she was on the back of the horse, Maggie took off, knowing the urgency of getting Lori to her husband and son.

I look back to the rest of the group as I began trotting, preparing to soon be catching up to my little sister. "Rick said that you had others up at the highway, by that big traffic snarl?"

"Uh-huh." The other younger look man with the baseball cap, only just manage to answer.

"Backtrack to Fairburn Road. Two miles down is our farm. Look for the mailbox. Name's Greene." I directed before taking off before any of them could say another word.

**

Daryl:

"Shot? What do you mean shot?" Dale exclaimed.

"I don't know Dale. I wasn't there. All I know is this chick rode out nowhere like Zorro on a horse and another took Lori." I heard Glenn explain.

"You let her?"

"climb down out of my ass, old man." I huffed.

"Rick sent them. Knew Lori's name and Carl's."

"I heard screams. Was that you?" Dale asked, directing to Andrea. "She got attacked by a walker. It was a close call."

"Andrea, are you alright?" I notice Andrea look back at Dale with disgust as she stepped into the RV. It's not his fault that she can't handle herself without a gun, steering away from the group earlier was her own fault. If it wasn't for that chick on the horse she would barely be alive right now. Man, I could look at- 'Cut it out Dixon. You don't know her' I scolded at my own thoughts.

**

Savannah:

I stayed in the stables, tending to Hallie, my horse. As I was holding off going inside, as I already knew what was to come if I did. Damien wasn't going to be happy with me taking off earlier with Maggie. I may not want to be with him anymore, but I still was and that was the problem. I hadn't left him yet. Even though I planned to months ago now.

"The hell are you doing?" The one voice I didn't want hear, bellowed out, taking me away from my thoughts. "I'm just brushing Hallie." I replied sweetly.

"Where the hell did you go?" I could hear the anger clear in his voice now. "I went for a ride with Mags to get that man's wife."

"Did I say you could go?"

That is what irritated me. He hated not having any control over me. So he tried his hardest to have it when he began to lose it. I marched straight up to him, feeling a flush of confidence. "Did I say you were my boss?" Big Mistake Savannah.

He punched me so damn hard, that it knocked me off of my feet, landing straight onto my ass. While Hallie kicked up a storm, trying to break free. I guess you could say she was also pissed off with the incident. He had walked away, and I stayed in stables until it started to become nightfall. I didn't know how I was going to face my dad with this one. I couldn't imagine how my face may have been looking right at this moment, but I needed to take care of it either way.

**

Daryl:

"I won't do it. We can't just leave." Carol protested to plan. It was decided that the best idea right now was to head to farm where Rick, Lori, Carl and Shane all were right now.

"Carol, the group is split. We're scattered and weak."

"what if she comes back and we're not here? It could happen."

"if Sophia found her way back and we were gone, that would be awful." Andrea added on.

"Okay. We got to plan for this. I say tomorrow morning is soon enough to pull up stakes. Give us a chance to rig a big sign, leave her some supplies. I'll hold here tonight, stay with the RV."

"if the RV is staying I am too." Dale added.

"Thank you. Thank you both." I nodded my head slightly at Carol. I couldn't imagine what she may be feeling, not being able to find her daughter. I couldn't help but wish I had that. A parent that actually gave a shit when their child went missing. "I'm in." Andrea stated.

"Well, if you're all staying then I'm..."

"Not you, Glenn. You're going. Take Carol's Cherokee." Dale said, completely cutting Glenn off.

"Me? Why is it always me?" Glenn questioned.

"You have to find this farm, reconnect with our people, and see what's going on. But most important, you have to get T-Dog there. This is not an option. That cut has gone from bad to worse. He has a very serious blood infection. Get him to that farm. See if they have any antibiotics. Because if not, T-Dog will die, no joke." Dale expressed. I looked back at my older brother's motorcycle that I was now wondering, thinking that there would be the off chance that Merle had at least stashed away. At least it would have more use to T-dog compared to what Merle would be using it for.

I walked over to it, to search it before spotting something on it., I grabbed the rag as well as trhe plastic bag and walked back to the others. "Keep your oily rags off my brother's motorcycle." I huffed annoyed, throwing the rag at Dale.

"Why'd you wait till now to say anything? Got my brother's stash." I stated, placing the bag on the hood of a car.

"Crystal, X... Don't need that." I muttered as I sifted through the plastic bag full of Merle's stash. "Got some kickass painkillers. Doxycycline. Not the generic stuff neither. First class. Merle got the clap on occasion." I explained, passing the pill bottles to Glenn and Dale.

**