S2-33✩ Innocently Deceitful Smile

Numerous thunders split the dark sky of Mirror LINK VRAINS, the duplicate virtual world created by the LIGHT Ignis, as he majestically sat on the shoulder of his partner, Kusanagi Jin. In front of him was Bohman, his pride and joy--since he was created solely as a vessel to fulfill his ultimate goal to rule over the humans and AIs--sleeping as he processed the newest adjustments that Haru was installing into him.

As another thunder boomed, the Ignis still patiently waited in his seat, even though he knew it would take three days for the process to finish. Although he moved the fastest among his peers, he knew the importance of waiting, unlike his jittery friend who commanded the wind within LINK VRAINS. Thankfully that friend of his was busy preparing a little 'gift' for the DARK Ignis right now, so no one would bother him until it was completed. At least that was what he thought until he felt a sudden tingling, making him raise his face and look out the glass window.

"What's the matter, Master?"

That came from Haru, who noticed his slight movement and asked him out of concern. The LIGHT Ignis paused for a while before giving his nonchalant reply, "Oh, it's nothing... someone interesting has just logged in to LINK VRAINS and made an account, is all. I should thank the EARTH Ignis later for that."

Haru didn't receive a direct answer from his master but after seeing how his stoic face morphed into a devilish grin, he could feel immediate chills down his spine that was enough to silence him and refocus on his task.

It was an unusual school day for Yusaku, as he couldn't fall asleep as easily as usual at his desk. It wasn't surprising, considering what happened at LINK VRAINS yesterday still lingered in his mind. The LIGHT Ignis, Lightning and the WIND Ignis, Windy, revealed their true colors and openly declared war with humanity. Following that, Yusaku had a fierce Speed Duel against Bohman that resulted in a DRAW. As he thought about it, he tightly clenched his fist. He swore to himself to become even stronger to prevent any more damage caused by them and win the next time he duels Bohman.

"You over there! Fujiki, right? Can you help me fetch the next study material? I left my USB flashdrive on my desk at the faculty room."

The teacher called Yusaku out, snapping him out of his train of thoughts and directing his classmates' attention to him. The teacher seemed to notice his visible determination and mistook it for eagerness to help him. Since Yusaku couldn't blame him for that, he promptly stood up and went out to get the item.

With each step he took, Yusaku's thoughts wandered back to yesterday's incident once more, and now he was thinking about Revolver. Thanks to Neo Storm Access, Yusaku managed to add Cyberse Quantum Dragon to his deck, a Synchro monster just like his new ace, Borreload Savage Dragon. Yusaku's eyes narrowed slightly as he was reminded that once again, Revolver was indirectly showing him a new path, and this time it was the path to getting stronger. Not to mention, he also helped him out by his timely arrival. He couldn't help but smirk at this. "He insisted that he is a bad guy, but destiny always made him play the good guy somehow. What a weirdo."

Yusaku finally arrived at the faculty room. When he entered the room, there was only the dean inside, whom he bowed to politely before stating his business there. The dean nodded back and pointed out where his teacher's desk was to him. As he went to the desk, the faculty room door was opened from the outside and a young man's voice echoed, "Here is the faculty room. You need only to speak with the dean to get the leave permit for your sister."

"Thanks for your help, Igarashi-san."

Yusaku recognized the first voice as the calmer version of the Student Council president's usual stern voice, but failed to identify the voice that answered him. His curiosity made him turn around and that was when he recoiled, as he saw the owner of that voice standing casually by the door next to Igarashi. Their eyes met but no words were exchanged between them, instead came Igarashi's curiosity that was directed at him: "Well, if it isn't Fujiki-kun. What business do you have here during class?"