Prologue

A guy suddenly emerged from the dark corner of the street, standing there with an expressionless face. As I clutched and squeezed my stomach out of hunger, I stared at him with my mind empty.

I suddenly just noticed I was already crying. Tears streaming down my face, a result of the encounter with a drunk man who had tried to harass me. Luckily, I managed to lose him, but now I found myself suffering in the coldness of the concrete I'm sitting on.

That guy started to creep me out; he just stood there, facing my direction. However, I lacked the energy to move from my spot. I couldn't tell if I'm trembling due to hunger or the cold. With my head resting on my knees, I wiped away my tears.

When I lifted my face, I was utterly shocked. The man who had been standing in the corner now loomed in front of me.

This time, the light reached his face, allowing me to see his features. Honestly, he was remarkably good-looking. He was tall, with a slightly pale complexion that wasn't off-putting. He wore all black, a black polo shirt with three buttons undone beneath an expensive-looking black coat.

His hair was a messy tussle of pitch black with red highlights at the tips. My heart raced as our eyes met. His eyes were a fiery red, piercing and intense. His nose was pointed, and his lips perfectly curved in a heart shape. His entire presence exuded beauty.

For a moment, I tried blinking several times. He seemed too gorgeous to be real, perhaps just a figment of my imagination due to hunger.

But when I blinked and opened my eyes again, he was now crouching in front of me.

"Could it be that you think you're hallucinating, unsure if I'm real or not?" he asked as his gravelly voice causing my heart to pound even faster.

I swallowed and tried to regulate my breathing. As much as I wanted to talk to him or answer his question, my voice refused to cooperate.

This might be the end for me, the payment for every horrible things I've done. Well, I deserve it. My life has been filled with nothing but bad deeds. Even now, in my final memories, I couldn't recall a single good thing I've done. If I ever did something good, it was likely overshadowed by the countless bad things I did.

I opened my eyes and gazed at the beautiful person before me, possibly the last person I would ever see. It was almost amusing-I had at least seen an angel in person before my demise.

Leaning my back against the cement wall, I closed my eyes. Repeatedly asking for forgiveness in my head. I know it's too late even so-

"The opportunity remains, regardless of time."

My eyes suddenly snapped open, and I frowned, looking at him strangely as I heard his words.

"Consider yourself incredibly lucky today. I'm just the perfect person you are looking for."

I was a little taken aback when he caressed my face. His hand felt warm, causing tears to escape my eyes once again.

"Sign a contract with me and rectify that mistake," He uttered those words with a smirk on his face, seemingly filled with anticipation or enthusiasm.

I didn't say anything, simply staring at his vibrant eyes.

He sighed. "I have all the solution to your problems, any problems."

My eyes widen in shock as black smokes starts surrounding him and large, dark wings emerged from his back, nearly obscuring the moonlight before me. His demeanor transformed from angelic to unsettling, yet undeniably captivating.

Yes, this was all just a product of my mind playing tricks on me. I had reached the stage of delusion. I didn't want to live as a crazy woman, I was already mad. But this is ridiculous. It would be better for me to die. I give up...

"My, my, the antagonist perishing due to starvation? That's an exceedingly dull manner to bid farewell."

...

• ~ • ❦ • ~ •

This story is currently undergoing editing.

♥ mssyane