Ch. 2: Meet Hawks

Hawks POV

"Keigo you need to try harder" his caretaker jeered. "You are useless unless you do so much better than this."

The pro hero turned over in his bed.

"What can wings do anyway? All they are is wings" "I can fly-" "shut up, I didn't ask for your opinion child" she scoffed. "Why were you even sent here? Ha! I bet you are such a disgrace to your family so they sent you here to never see you again." The young boy feels his eyes getting wetter and wetter as she spoke. "Oh, right..." she continued "your dad doesn't love you anyway.. he doesn't love anybody" she snickered. She hit him on the soft spot in between his small wings as he winced in pain.

His face scrunches up and he clinches his fist. He rarely had these dreams anymore but recently they started to come back more frequently.
The hero wakes up from a cold sweat gasping for air. He jolts up. His brain was moving 100 miles an hour.
He hops out of bed and shuffles toward the only bathroom in his tiny apartment. Not all hero's lived in big mansions.
He turned the faucet to the left and put his cupped hands under the cold water.
He splashes the cold water on his pale face to fully wake up and calm himself down.
He looked into the old mirror and stared at his reflection. He looked terrible. He had bags under his eyes, his hair was a mess, his face was wet partially because he splashed water on himself and partially because he was sweating, his eyes were bloodshot. Needless to say he looked like he hadn't slept in years and had been crying all night long.
He had to help with the festival class 1A was having the next day but he wish he didn't. He was getting annoyed with some of the other heros and really didn't want to see them. He also didn't want the students to see him in such a bad state. And didn't want to be questioned.
He needed someone to talk to, somebody to listen. He tried setting up an appointment with a local therapist but she couldn't stop fangirling and she couldn't focus on what he was saying. It was almost like she didn't even care. So now he doesn't want to talk to anybody anymore because he doesn't want to be with anybody like that again. Nobody told him he would have to deal with this as a hero.