Prologue

ONCE UPON A TIME, THERE WAS A GIRL WITH MAGICAL HAIR WHO COULD BRING DOWN EVEN THE MOST POWERFUL OF A SORCERER BY UTTERING A SINGLE SENTENCE. THIS IS HER STORY; THE STORY OF HOW VIOLETTA COLTER DIED.

AND IT ALL STARTS WITH A DREAM...

"Flower, gleam, and glow..."

Dreams could be very powerful things. After all, what would our world be without them? They shaped the minds of humankind, both the good and the bad. They encouraged Simba to defeat his uncle and take back his father's kingdom as rightful heir to the throne, drove Malcom Stiltskin to abandon his only son in order to stay as young as he wished for as long as he wanted, and inspired Robin Hood to help the poor people of Nottingham by stealing from the unworthy higher class.

Everybody has dreams, and Daniel Colter just so happened to be Frieda Celeste Blackwood's.

"Let you're power shine..."

She met him when she was 17 and was being forced into an arranged marriage by her parents, King Augustine and Queen Willa. He was hired as their stable boy, as a favour to Frieda's favourite maid, Dalia.

No one had told him that the Princess of Corazon liked to come down to the stables to visit her horse. The poor boy had been a nervous wreck, stuttering, and accidentally tripping over a bucket of water, making it fall to the ground and spill all over Frieda's shoes and dress.

But instead of getting angry as any other person of royalty would have, Frieda had laughed, and Daniel thought right then and there that he would've embarrassed himself a thousand times more if it meant he'd get to her laugh again.

Everyday since, Frieda and Daniel found themselves getting closer; Frieda trusted him enough to tell him about her family secret, and the two discovered they had more in common than they thought. The future queen of a powerful kingdom and a stable boy born out of wedlock fell in love, so what did they do, like a cliché fairytale? They ran away. Away from responsibilities, judging eyes...Unfortunately, nobody, not even Frieda herself could out run her mother for long.

"Let the clock reverse..." Yelena Lyra Blackwood pressed her hand tighter against her sisters bare chest, golden strands of hair woven through her fingers. She continued to sing her song of healing, but it was no use; Frieda may have won the battle, but the Queen won the war.

Hidden yards away, safely tucked away in a basket in a bush, a baby shivered in the cold of the winter, restless in her sleep. It was as if she somehow knew what had just happened to her mother. Her small hands instinctively reached out, but no one was there to greet her. A small cry left the young girl's lips.

Just as the baby was about to wail, a raven swooped down from its spot perched on a snow covered branch and onto the handle of the wooden basket. Her tears ceased, her distress turning into curiosity as they eyed each other, green meeting black. It gave a small caw, as if it were greeting her, and the baby smiled like she could understand.

It's claws took a firmer hold of the handle and picked it up, flying them away from danger; away from Willa Blackwood.

-

Here's an unexpected late Christmas gift :)