chapter two

"stop moving, shu…"

 "stop moving, shu…"

 "haha. sorry, sorry."

 "..." y/n was quiet yet fully focused on tying shu's long hair into a braid.

 her fox was just resting on her lap.

 "done?" shu asked when she suddenly stops up.

 "not yet!"

 shu's shikigamis were usually the ones tying shu's hair whenever they realize that he was having a hard time with them. y/n was curious when she saw them working on it one time.

 she had to ask them if they could teach her, and they did!

 the shikigamis practiced y/n on a regular rope first. y/n wanted to keep it a secret so she'll surprise shu, but there's no way shu wouldn't find out with all those ropes lying around. plus, mister detective mysta rias always reports y/n's day to him.

 "iip iiip." a shikigami said and pointed at shu's loose strand.

 "ah, right. like this…" y/n mumbled.

 mister detective mysta rias got off her lap and walked around the room. shu was still sitting pretty, reading his materials.

 "thank you, mister detective mysta rias." y/n said after mister detective mysta rias nudged her arm with his nose and gave her a hair tie.

 y/n carefully tied shu’s hair with the tie, as if she was holding the world’s most fragile object. shu couldn’t help but chuckle as he felt the little lady trying so hard. someone has to remind him to reward y/n later.

 ” ta-dah!!” y/n chirped as the shikigamis cheered. mysta kept running in circles to also express his joy.

 ”wow! did your tiny hands really do this, y/n? i’m so proud.” shu said while staring at his hair-do in the mirror.

 ”it’s all thanks to the shikigamis.” y/n said with a giggle and did lots of high-fives with the floating papers.

 ”next up..!” y/n carried the fox and lifted him in the air.

 ”we’re shaving mister detective mysta rias’ fur!!!”

 the fox flinched and turned purple. shu and y/n both laughed, y/n caging the fox in her arms. “i’m just kidding, mister detective mysta rias! i’m not going to shave your beautiful fur~”

 the fox sighed. at least that’s what y/n thought.

 ”can i have a new comb for mister detective mysta rias?”

 shu immediately summoned a new hair brush for y/n.

 ”why do you call him such a long name? why not give him a nickname?”

 ”nickname?”

 ”a shortcut for a long name.”

 ”hmmm…” y/n brought her little fingers to her chin.