【 ᴏɴᴇ 】

The sound of an engine roaring through the parking lot of Hawkins High is what drew everyone's attention. The dark blue Camaro swerved into the parking lot as a young red-headed girl got out and slammed the car door, one hand holding a skateboard, the other holding the strap of her backpack.

The boy that got out of the drivers side is what made all the girls swoon and all the boys jealous. He was tall, his blonde hair fell into curls at the bottom, and his eyes were bluer than blue. Tina and Carol said that he had a 'nice butt.'

🚬

"Athena!" The voice of Athena's longtime best friend and maybe future sister-in-law, Nancy Wheeler, pulled her out of her daydream about a romance novel, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. "Are you still reading that book?"

"What? Oh, yeah. It's one of my favorite books, Nance." Athena said as her brown eyes focused on her friend.

"Anyway, did you see the new kid? Everyone is totally drooling over him." Nancy sat down on the brown picnic table where Athena was sat. They were outside.

"New kid? No, I haven't but I bet he is a pretentious asshole who wants to run the school." Athena looked back down at her book, wanting to finish the chapter before first period started.

"Maybe, but I've seen him and he is..." Nancy trailed off as she twirled a bit of her hair.

"Aren't you dating my brother?" Athena questioned, eyes still on her book.

"Yeah but I mean, maybe with you?" Nancy got quieter at the end of her statement, questioning if it was the right thing to say.

"Ha ha, very funny, Nancy."

The bell rang, signaling that classes have started and the two girls made their way through the double doors that led to the gateway of hell—school.