【 ᴛᴡᴏ 】

Athena walked to her first class of the day—European History. It was one of her favorite classes, she took it last year and loved it. It was an elective.

She sat down in the back near the big windows. Her eyes gazed to the dewy setting outside, waiting for the rest of the class to pile in.

The tardy bell rang and everyone was in their seats.

"Good morning, class. Today, we have a new student. Please give a warm welcome to Billy Hargrove." Mrs. Hawthorne moved aside as the new student, probably an arrogant one, stood at the front of the class. "Billy, why don't you tell us something about yourself."

"I'm from California." Billy said. It was awkward, it always is on the first day of school. Except, it wasn't the first day of school, it was already November.

His hands were in his pockets as he looked around the room, waiting for the teacher to assign him to a spot. "Alrighty! Well then, please go take a seat next to Athena."

Hearing her name, her eyes shot over to the teacher as she saw the new kid making his way over to her, taking a seat next to her.

He wasn't bad to look at, Nancy didn't over exaggerate, that's for sure.

"Today, you will begin a project of choosing a royal individual from any European country..." Mrs. Hawthorne's voice trailed off as Athena started to zone out.

Her life had started to change recently. Things weird had always happened to her, more so things around her. Whenever she got too angry or scared something would break or simply float for a few seconds. It's always happened. Her hand rubbed her tattoo that was on her wrist lightly, she'd ask her parents about it before but they didn't know where it came from since she had already had it when they adopted her.

Though they think whoever did that to a little kid was terribly cruel.

It wasn't until a tapping on her desk made her thoughts fall away as Billy Hargrove tried to get her attention. It was only now that she had realized that the teacher had stopped talking and the students chatted quietly to the person next to them.

"Hello, partner." He said smugly.

She looked at him as her eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

"We have to do a project based on a royal individual or something."

"Oh, well then. Have you thought about one already?" She asked him.

He scoffed. "Hell no, I don't even know of any."

She sighed, "Of course you don't."

"What was that, sweetheart?" He shifted his head sideways as his hand made a cupping motion to his ear.

"Nothing." She gave him a sarcastic smile as she rolled her eyes.

She will most definitely have her hands full this year.