Chapter 14

I was in the bath, but could swear I heard Hero moan a moment ago.

Was he seriously jacking off in the shower?

I was pissed at him again, but that thought quickly turned to need as I trailed my fingers across my erect nipples and down towards my clit. It was hard and ready as I flicked my finger over it. I moaned, trying to keep myself steady and my arm out of the water. It was difficult, but I was damned if I was going to miss this after I had just started.

All I could hear was the sound of the shower next door, but like a pervert, I was desperately trying to listen to any sounds that gave him away.

I heard a slight murmur and knew he was pleasuring himself. It made me moan just thinking about it. I could picture him now in the bathroom working his dick back and forth. I could see his muscles flexing and his jaw tightening as he worked himself. I pictured myself in the shower with him. I could see it then—see him pushing me up against the shower wall and fucking me senseless. I could feel the cold wall on my back as it grazed me when he moved. I could feel his dick pumping in and out of me as fast as he could so we could find our release.

I was so close. I could feel it building. I could feel the heat rush to my cheeks and the tingles through my body as it searched for its release. I was going to blow and it was going to be fucking awesome.

In my mind, Hero was kissing and biting the side of my neck. After that, he would pull out of me and tell me to bend down. He would carry on pleasuring himself until he turned me around and came all

Over my breasts, jerking and cursing as he poured himself all over me.

I heard the sound of Hero cursing out and banging my bathroom wall.

That was all it took for me to blow. Knowing he was next door, coming in his shower, was all it took to set me off. I slowed the rhythm down with my fingers, and slowly, but surely, my body's spasms subsided. I wasn't sure if he had heard me or not, but judging by these thin walls, it wouldn't surprise me if he had. Should I care? Yes, but somehow I didn't. The thought that Hero was possibly jerking off to the thought of me brought a smile to my face. At that moment, I should have been anything but happy. I just couldn't help myself. Hero was my best and worst medicine rolled into one. I knew I would eventually give Hero his one day. I just worried for my heart when I did.

I knew I shouldn't do it, but any strength I had seemed to fly out the door whenever he came near. To make matters worse, he was a definite no-go, considering we were supposed to be family soon. I shouldn't have these feelings for my stepbrother. Yet, they were there, and I had to either deal with them or run away. Running away seemed pretty tempting. Where the hell would I go? My mum kept a tight ship as far as I was concerned. I couldn't get money unless she gave me some, and whenever I had tried to get a job, she found out and put a stop to it. She didn't want me to have my independence.

She had thrived too long on my need for her, my dependence on her, and the great power she wielded as a result. For my whole life, I've had to just sit and take it. Well, I was done taking her shit. I was starting to think living on the streets would be a far better solution to all of my problems. The only thing that stopped me was that I wanted to better myself. I wanted to get my degree in Criminology, and I wanted to eventually write a book like my father. I had dreams, but my mother seemed intent upon shattering them.

I heard Hero switching the shower off and that put a stop to my musings. I needed to get out of the bath. The water was getting too cold anyway. I let the water go and tried hoisting myself up with one arm. It was a little tricky, but I made it by being careful.

With a towel wrapped around me, I walked into my bedroom when I heard music starting up in Hero's room. He was playing "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls. It was a song that was ultimately about making a choice—a choice to be with someone even though that choice meant giving up something of one's self. I didn't know if Hero saw any significance in that. I doubted it. He probably just liked the song. I knew I did.