Fears *6

"So, what are we to do now, are we to just stand here" I asked Amos

"That is exactly what we are going to do, until one of these lads man up and ask you to dance" Amos stated agreeing. "That is incredibly boring" I whined. "Yes well I- 

 "would you like to dance" a older woman wearing a flamboyant pink dress asked. "No-. Amos tried to decline. "I am not taking no for an answer" she said, grabbing his hand and pulling him away towards the dance floor. 

"Amos do not leave me" I hissed toward him, but he was getting pulled closer to the dance floor. "And he left me" I shook my head. 

"He is never coming back" another unfamiliar voice stated "I'm sorry" I questioned. "Your friend, he is never going to come back" he reputed "why not" I asked feeling deeply disturbed by that notion. 

"Well if I'm correct that is Viscountess Waterton, whose husband died before the start of last season, she has been trying to marry a younger man since" he confided to me in a hushed tone. I chuckle before breaking into a full on laugh, thinking about the trauma Amos is going through. The strange man chuckled along. 

After I composed myself I had the decency to apologize. "I am very sorry" I covered my smile feeling bad for laughing. "You're apologizing for laughing," he asked, scrunching his nose, "well I am laughing at someone's misery" I told him. 

"They're not here to reprimand you" he remarked. "Are you here to argue with me?" I asked him, squinting my eyes.. 

"No I d- "good because I want to dance" I stated with a huge smile. "You want to dance" his every word laced with confusion. 

"Yes, I want to dance with you, can I have this dance" I confirmed. "Well you have to ask nicely" he told me with a joking smile.                                                                                                                                "Will do me this honor and dance with me Mr. ... .strange ... .man" I articulated holding my gloved hand out. 

 "The honor is all mine miss strange woman" he smiled before taking my hand letting me lead him to the dance floor. 

 After dancing the night away with the stranger we huddled in the corner of the room sipping on lemonade. "You mean to tell me you fence" Mr. strange man asked, amazed. "I do not fence, I tried it once and got scared" I told him

 "you are a woman of many talents" he complimented. "Why thank you, but it is now your turn" I thanked him with a smile. "I am a student of art, I'm the head of my house, and when I was eight I broke my arm falling off my horse" he stated telling me two truths and one lie.

 "Well it is very obvious that you are not the head of your house" "and why do you say that" he asked, trying to remain inconspicuous. "Well the head of the house tends to be... 

 "a stick in the mud" he suggested, I nodded my head in agreement. "It's your turn," he told me. "You have not told me if I was right yet"             "I was trying to get out of another defeat" he said smiling. "Well I will save you from my gloating" I joked.

 "I have four siblings, I invented a new sweet, my father is a farmer" I told him with a small smirk looking into his brown eyes. "I can't really tell how many siblings you have, and I fully believe you invented a new sweet.... But I never heard of a farmer's daughter going to events like this" he squinted his eyes hard as if they would draw the truth from me. 

"You are wrong yet again, I think the score is eighty-five to zero" I boasted with a big smile. "Actually the score is twenty five to zero" he grumbled, taking a sip of his drink. "Does that make you feel better?" I asked with a patronizing tone. "I thought you said you wouldn't be boastful" he complained with a frown. 

 "I'm sorry I can't help it" I told him with a big smile on my face, he gave me one back. "You- he was cut off by a voice. "There you are, I have been looking for you everywhere" a man came up to us. "Miss. strange woman this is my brother, the head of the house, the stick in the mud" he coughed the last part out.

 I look down hiding my smile. "Enough of your games brother, our sister wants to go home" the man with sideburns hissed. 

 "Miss strange woman it was a pleasure to meet you" he taking my hand placing a gentle kiss on it. "The pleasure was all mine" I say with a smile before curtsying. His brother had a look of disgust. They began to walk before the strange man stopped and told his brother something.

 "You have two minutes, make haste" the sideburn man called. Strange man jogged up to me. 

"I will be at the park at noon on the bridge decorated with lilies, will you be there?" he said in a clear but rushed tone. "I will be there," I told him with a huge smile. He turned and caught up with his brother. I leaned against the wall smiling watching him walk away. He looked back catching my eye one last time before being submerged into the crowd of people.

I sat in silence for a few minutes until an out of breath, sweating Amos came bustling towards me. "Are you ready to go?" he asked hopeful his face looking tortured and tired. "Yes I'm ready to leave," I told him, sitting my drink down. "We have to make haste or she will find me" he looked around fearfully. "Alright let us leave" I laughed making my way to the exit. I would be sure to write Lady Danbury before I go to bed tonight.

"So your telling me while I was off getting tortured you were getting swept off your feet by prince charming" he asked in disbelief. "I can assure you both of my feet were planted on the floor" not liking the idea of getting swept off my feet, especially by Cinderella's prince. 

"I'm proud of you soph you're taking to everything well, and you have not had an episode for a while," he told me with a smile. "Thank you," I said with a weary smile. "What is Sophia?" he asked worriedly. "It's just that, do you not find it weird that I have not had an episode for a while?" I asked with suspicion. We arrived back at Kew. "Maybe they went away, the doctor said it was a smaller version" he reasoned hopefully. "Maybe" I commented still feeling unsettled by the thought. "Let us go inside, you need your beauty rest for when you meet your future husband tomorrow" Amos jested opening the door.  "Amos-  

I guess she met Benedict....I'm sorry.....did she say brown eyes...hmm. Well just have to wait and see.                                      Until next time gentle readers. 

                                      "I will say finding a out fit for Mr. strange man was very hard."