Anxious *7

I have many tasks to do before I fall asleep. I had to write Lady Danbury, Lady Violet, Viscount and Viscountess Bridgerton, and my mother who told me she was going to come over for sunrise. I cheeked on papa and told him good night. On the way back to my room I told everybody I saw the same thing. I bathed and talked to Victoria. And I even had a chat with Amos before he went to bed yet I still had a hard time falling asleep. There was only one thing that was on my mind and my thoughts about him were restless.

I was in the meadow standing next to Amos and my horse Mercury as the sun began to set. All of a sudden I feel like I can't breathe like I'm being drowned....literally.

My eyes snap as I quickly sit up coughing before gasping for air. When I finally caught my breath I noticed that I was soaking wet. I looked to my right to see multiple eyes watching me. 

"Mother, why would you do that?" I fumed. "I tried calling your name but you did not move an inch" she shrugged her shoulders. "And you did not think a simple pat would suffice" I all but yelled being put in a horrible mood. 

"No, that option did not cross my mind, maybe next time" she chimed before walking away. "Make haste we have break fast with your father in an hour" she left the room Brimsley and two other women followed her out.

 I'm already moody on most mornings but the lack of sleep and being drowned awake amplified that by a hundred. The target of my misery are the people in my room staring at me as if I was a zoo animal.

"Amos could you have not offered to wake me yourself or maybe told it is not a good idea to drown her child awake" I seethed. 

 "Sophia your mother is the queen of Great Britain it not like I can just tell her what- "I get it you have such respect for hierarchy from now on know your place, that goes for everyone in here, now get out"  I snapped.

 "Sop- Princess we have to get you ready for- "I am very much capable of getting myself ready, thank you Victoria, now would you all, so kindly remove yourselves from my room so I can get ready" I gave them all a venomous smile. Everyone left the room in a hurry, Amos was the only one hesitant.

I am very much not capable of getting dressed myself. Putting on a corset myself took at least forty-five minutes. I have too much pride to ask for help. I styled my hair in two simple braids. Before putting on my jewelry and my gown.

 I walk out the room strutting to the dining room. Amos five paces behind me, I didn't question knowing I either upset him or he was respecting my wishes. I'm going to go with both. 

I make my way into the dining room to see my father sitting at the head of the table and my mother on the other end. I walked towards my father and took a set on the left side of the table. "My little planet, it's good of you to join us" father told me, kissing my cheek. "Father, I always come to break fast," I reminded him.

 "Of course I know that silly but your mother is here today" he told me with a huge smile. I gave him a small smile. Mother and father chatted away while I ate tiredly with my head in my hand. "Mary-Sophia get your elbows off the table where are your manners" Mother exclaimed. 

"Do you really want to talk about manners because I would love to talk about yours" I  said already mad at her. 

 "Amelia what has gotten into you, you are never this bad mannered, you're acting like your little sister, now listen to your mother" my father snapped and reprimanded.

 "Maybe the reason I'm acting like this is because- I snapped back, almost correcting him. 

"Because?" he questioned.