POR Part 2

Path of Redemption Part 2

4 years later

Radhika's POV

These were the most painful and unbearable four years of my 24 years of life which I had not lived but had suffered miserably. These four years had completely changed my life, stripped me of every reason to be happy and made me a soulless body that ran on their command, I couldn't even do anything of my own free will. I couldn't even leave this prison where I felt nothing but suffocation.

I still sometimes thought that when I woke up the next morning this nightmare was over but alas nothing will happen when my eyes fell on the picture on the wall in front of me which was a constant reminder that this was not a terrible nightmare but the bitter reality of my life which I could not deny even if I wanted to.

Picture of my parents with garland

Garland which was offered on someone's picture when their body ceased to exist from this world who remained just as a memory in our heart which was closest to our hearts but physically, we could never feel them.

I never thought that my life would take such a drastic turn that it would leave me with nothing and the reason for all this would be the person whom I loved so much that I gave him the most precious thing which was the most precious thing for every girl, my dignity which he had mercilessly crushed under his feet to live his desirable life for which he had turned my happy life into tears and pain but it was not his fault because it was all my fault that I have trusted a wrong person, I thought that he was my husband and I had nothing wrong in giving myself to him but how wrong I was. I surrendered to him thinking it was love but for him it was nothing more than lust.

Love or Lust????

Definitely lust

He used me for his lust and I was too naive to understand it and when I understood it was too late, my parents and that innocent life were also suffering along with me, who had no fault in this.

My baby

My papa

My mumma

Sometimes I hated myself that the people I loved the most had suffered because of me.

I felt pathetic.

There will not be a single day in these four years when I would not think of freeing myself from this curse, when I would not think of ending this useless body, but always the last words of my papa stop me.

"My Jaan (love), forgive your father for leaving you alone in your difficult times when you need me the most but always remember one thing that never take any step which is not right. I know life is not easy but it does not mean that we should stop fighting with it or give up on it because defeat is a sign of weak people and I have raised my daughter as a strong person and not as a weak girl who gets shattered by a single storm whereas life is a set of unexpected storms.

I will only say one thing to you that no matter how difficult life is, as long as you are alive, everything is in your hands, even if you lose everything, because as long as you have hands, we can get everything so never give up, nor bow down in front of any wrong, but if you have do to compromise, always remember that it is only for some time and not for the whole life, which you will soon get rid of."

These were my father's last words which he said to me on his death bed. The darkest day of my life the day I lost not only my father but also two other people who were my everything to me. I could never forget that day which had become the darkest day for me and from where my real struggle started.