034 // Qatar 8

18th of December 2022

"WORLD CHAMPIONS" I heard many people yell.

"CAMPEONES DEL MUNDO" I smiled as I heard those words. "CATE WE'RE CHAMPIONS"

"WE'RE CHAMPIONS" I repeated those words that felt so strange on my tongue. This whole experience has felt like nothing more but a fever dream.

I honestly didn't know we would end up on the Lusails stadiums ground. Neither did I think we'd end up being champions of the world.

The whole tournament felt like a dream I could wake up from any second. Watching the games and hoping for the best, celebrating with the team which has grown to family now.

Celebrating every win like it's the last and now we've achieved the dream we've all had as soon as we set foot in Qatar.

Winning the World Cup for our team, family, friends and our country was a feeling that nothing could come close to.

As a girl who grew up with football being her biggest passion in life and her brother being an insanely big football player this is the feeling that I'm not gonna be able to forget. Especially me being here and witnessing it next to the pitch where the final penalty has been taken.

I sill remember watching the matches from home with Julian and remembering how hard we cheered when there was a goal. Neither of us two would have ever thought that one day he is gonna be champion of the world. Or that I'll be there watching him.

This is something that I'm gonna have dreams of until the end of my life. Holding the real World Cup in my hands.

Little did we know that those fake world cups we bought on the street would turn into real ones. Little did we know that when we pretend to take the final penalty in a world cup final, and we'd lift the cup it's gonna be real one day. It's gonna be real one day.

One day.

Everyone was celebrating and I was watching them with tears in my eyes.
"CAMPEONES, CAMPEONES, CAMPEONES, OLE OLE OLE."

Those lines sent shivers across my whole body. Argentina, champions of the world.

 Argentina, champions of the world