Chapter 4 Melting Ice

Aksh went back to the room and sat on the bed with a thud. Ansh who was reading his third comic book of the day asked

Ansh "kya hua dada, itne gusse me kyun ho aap?"

Aksh shouted on ansh "can you mind your own business for once Rudraansh? Jab dekho tab bas bolta hi rehta hai, kabhi to chup raha kar

Aksh shouted on ansh "can you mind your own business for once Rudraansh? Jab dekho tab bas bolta hi rehta hai, kabhi to chup raha kar. Aur ye kya subah se comic books padh raha hai, koi kaam ki cheez nahi padh sakta. School chhuta hai padhayi nahi. Kuch hi dino me naye school me jayega to wahan bhi kya comics hi padhega. I am warning you ansh agar marks kam aaye na to school change hone ka bahana nahi sununga main. Bohut pitayi karunga teri agar result achcha nahi aaya to"

This much was enough for ansh to start sobbing. His dada has always been strict but he has only been scolding him since they have came to Mumbai. Aksh felt bad looking at his brother crying. He has taken out his frustration on his little darling. He went near the bed where ansh was sitting and knelt in front of ansh and said "ab ro kyun raha hai anshu?"

Ansh "aap bohut bure ho dada, aapne ansh ko bohut jor se daanta." He said between sobs.

Aksh palmed his face, ansh was again talking in third person, a clear cut sign that he is scared right now. Ansh always talks in third person whenever he is scared. He should have controlled himself, how can he forget that the change is big for ansh as well. Maybe even bigger than what it is for him. it is the very first time when ansh is interacting with so many strangers in one go. Everything is new for his baby and rather than supporting him through the change aksh was just busy with his own frustrations. Aksh felt very guilty and cupped ansh's face and said

Aksh gently "sorry bachcha, i am really sorry. Pls ro mat. I promise ab nahi daantunga. Pls maan jaa, you know I hate seeing you cry."

Ansh was still sobbing badly. Aksh was hating every second of seeing him like that, the more ansh cry, more are the chances of him having nightmares. Aksh really needed to divert his attention so he asked ansh "achcha bata ice cream khayega?"

Ansh stopped crying and looked at aksh and said "par aaj sunday nahi hai dada"

Aksh smiled at him and said "koi baat nahi, bina sunday ke khaa le"

Ansh smiled a little and asked "pakka?"

Aksh nodded at him, wiped his tears and said "chal ready ho jaa, icecream khane chalte hai"

Ansh got ready within 2 minutes. It's very rare for his dada to relent on these matters and he is smart enough to not miss the opportunity when he is being presented with one.

Both went out but was stopped by the security at the main gate of the house.

Aksh "kyun rok rahe hai aap hume"

Dutta, the security Chief replied "sir rudra sir ke order hai ki aap bina unki permission aur security ke ghar se bahar nahi jayenge. Aap unse pooch lijiye, main aapke saath security team bhej dunga."