1 Hometown Road

Nikitha POV:

Morning 7:30 Monday,

I heard my alarm go off ugh... it's the most annoying thing in the world I tell you.

I wake up from my warm tempting bed going downstairs. Only to see Pappa standing in front of the Pooja room in his wet towel and my mom in her nighty drinking coffee and scrolling through her phone. In the background, I can hear Gayatri Shahar playing on the TV as usual.
OK let me introduce myself I am Nikitha Gowda I am 18 years old and just finished my 12th. Am looking for a nice degree in college.
I want to go far away from home, don't get me wrong I love my family, but I just want to live independently for to different places and explore the world. For me career comes first that's always what mom has thought me because even today she regrets leaving her job and becoming a housewife, looking at her struggles sometimes even I think it's true. But one thing is for sure: I will not leave my country to go out and earn, and even if I do, I will be representing my country. You see am a very proud Indian and you can say in everything I do now it's just who I am.
If you ask me, I am more of a mommy's girl rather than daddy's princess because of a few past incidents that I have put back but what he has done can neither be forgotten nor forgiven. Another reason I want to go to a different place is that I studied the 15 years of my primary education at the same place and over the years my set of friends has gotten smaller but stronger but now we all are dispersed and that's alright... you see I am the sporty, adventurous, best advice-giving, youngest, cute, and talkative thing in our group (a lil sefl centered but whatever 🙄)but no matter what I love my friends the most.
Back to the story
"Good morning Mumma, morning pappa," I said in a sleepy tone, sitting on the 2 seater sofa on which only I sit.
"Morning bonda (round fried evening snack)" Mom said smiling at me while Dad just gave me a nod since he is doing Pooja.
"How come the lazy bum has woken up so early?" Mom questioned with a frown.
"Only when you have to go out do you wake up early no no don't wake up like this and even think to help your mother in cleaning the house" she continued
" pappa" I whined
"Don't call him can't u see what he is doing" Mom scolded me
"Maa I can see that's y I am calling him he already finished " I replied
"It's enough both if you don't have any other work apart from this and Nikki maa you go get ready," Paa said "Don't you have to go out with your friends today?" He continued.
"Ryt OK bye I got to go," I said running upstairs.
You see I take a lot of time to get ready, no I don't wear makeup since my parents never bought it for me and now, I am confident just the i am most of the times, that's something I am thankful for my parent they are strict but most of the time it for my well-being only.
I take a lot of time to wash my thick hair, so I am up early.
(Interesting fact about mom she always gives me new and weird pet names that I will tell u later)

I will meet all my classmates today at Wonderland amusement park. U know they give about 35% off to students who show their hall ticket and since our results were out last week, I suggested we go there, and the most suppressing part is all of them agreed with no fuss.
About my percentage well I passed with 97.25% am not a Topper but if I want a seat in the college, I want I needed this percentage to get a merit seat let's just say all the hardworking paid off.

After an hour 8:30 am

{Her look but without the bag}

I choose a simple white T and some baggy Jeans they are the most comfortable I would be to play and run in. I walked downstairs skipping every second step only to get scolded by Dad. "do you want to break ur leg here only before going out??" he asked sarcastically. This time Mom saved me "It's okay Raj let her be no discussion while going out, okay??" she asked it was more of a statement. No questions asked. Mom rules all over the world.

Soon I had my breakfast a left since the amusement park was rather far and some of us had to meet at a common friend's place since we are going to go in his car and pick 2 people up since their house is on the way. We are a group of 6 who are inseparable, that is Me, Priya my bff, Shwetha, Rudra, and Aniruddh, and all of us are going together. Me, Rudra and Shwetha live close by while Aniruddh and Priya live a little far so we will be picking them up from Priya's place since her grandparents are very toxic and will not let her go out if I am not with her... now I don't know why that is, soo Aniruddh will be waiting for us at her place.