Chapter 21

⚠ Trigger Warning ⚠ talking about rape and child abuse.

Jennie POV

"It's about the man that was arrested in your school."

"What about him?" I asked.

Instead of answering me, he turned to seulgi. "Remember the multiple homicide case that we got last month?" She nodded. "It was him. He's our guy."

"Okay... So we basically helped you get your guy. What more do you need from us? I already told everything to the arresting officer."

"I will explain but you need to get Lisa."

I nodded and walked towards the bedroom. It was slightly ajar so I took a peek and was relieved to see Lisa awake. I knocked softly to get her attention and to prevent Ella from waking up. "May I come in?" She gave me the permission so I went in. "Detective Simmon's here. He requested your presence."

Lisa's POV

Detective Simmon's here? I wonder what on earth happened. "It's not about your mother. It was about the guy who attacked you. He said he'll explain but he needed your presence."

"Okay... I'll be out."

We walked out to the living room to see detectives Simmons and Kang having a conversation with Irene. I overheard earlier that detective Kang and Irene are dating.

"We're here." Jennie said to them. "So the pizza guy finally arrived."

We sat on the couch and when everyone's comfortable, he began. "Do you know the person that attacked you?"

I wanted to lie but I knew they'll find out sooner or later. I nodded. "I only knew him as Gong yoo."

"What's your connection with him?" It was the topic that I was dreading to tell. It was sensitive and it was not to everyone's ear to tell. So I just shook my head.

Jennie must have felt my uneasiness so she tried to comfort me and helped divert the issue. "What's this all about?"

"We just needed some information from her."

"Can't you see she's hurting?"

"We'll go first then. Gong Ji-cheol is wanted for multiple homicide. A month ago there was a mess killing at a certain bar. No one survived. Five people died. No clues, no witnesses, no prints on the scene. However, we managed to pull a partial print on one of the shell casings. It was his print. " detective Simmons explained as vaguely as possible. I heard about that incident in the news. It was cruel. They were killed in execution style.

"We managed to have a hit on the print since Ji-cheol had a previous rap sheet on possession of drugs. But he was released earlier due to the deal he cut with the D.A. Office. It was very unusual for him to just randomly attack a girl therefore, I knew that your case was special."

"Okay. I understand." Jennie said and looked at me. "Irene and I should probably give you more privacy." She offered.

They were about to stand when I stopped them. "No... It's okay. It's time that I tell someone about him." I saw hesitation in Irene's eyes but I assured her that it was okay.

I'm ready to tell my story.

It was probably best for Jennie and Irene to know in order for them to understand why I refuse to begin a relationship with Jennie or anyone matter of fact.

"Gong yoo is Ella's father."

"He's your father?" Jennie and Irene both asked.

I shook my head no. "He's Ella's father, not mine." I looked at them and they all motioned me to continue. "My parents and I used to have a normal and happy life. But it all changed when my father got scammed. We went bankrupt in an instant. My parents then fought a lot until my father left us to be with some rich old woman."