chapter 8.

Kyle puts Mason down on the couch in his own house. "I actually really hate you, you know?" He says. Mason smiles. "Yeah I know" he says and circles the palm of Kyle's hand.

Kyle sighs. "By the way, I'll have to stay over. I don't have a license. And what if I get attacked on the streets?" Mason asks. Kyle looks at him. "For once, good point." Mason smiles and connects their fingers.

Kyle blinks. "And.. you know,.. I cant sleep separate from you, because, what if I get attacked if I'm not in the same room with you?" Mason asks. Kyle sighs. "Just say that you want to sleep with me." He says.

Mason smiles. "Yeah." He says and runs his finger across Kyle's jaw. "I have a feeling you're drunk somehow" kyle says. Mason chuckles. "You haven't seen me drunk yet. For your information: I'm a drunk kisser" he says.

Kyle coughs. "Excuse me"
Mason grins. "Excuse you? I'd rather Exkiss you" he says. Kyle raises an eyebrow. "You what" Mason chuckles. "You heard me" he says and smiles. Kyle rolls with his eyes.

"Exkiss isnt even a word" he says. Mason sighs. "I know, but if I make it one it is one, now, please excuse me I have to go LIVE right now for my fans" he says and pulls out his phone with his other hand.

(The other hand is holding Kyle's btw🤭)

Mason taps a little more on his phone. Kyle sighs and looks at his photo/poster covered wall. It actually took long to put them up. It's not even fully covered. (yet)

Mason puts down his phone and waves with his left hand. (Because the right is still in Kyle's)

The chat starts blowing up fast. Kyle gets up. Mason looks at him. Kyle raises an eyebrow. Mason rolls with his eyes and looks back at himself on his homescreen.

Kyle walks to the kitchen.

In the chat: BEHIND YOU.

mason quickly looks behind him. "Jesus, stop scaring me. You've done this too many times now. I'm actually more concerned for you guys" He says. Kyle looks up. He notices something outside the window.

A person.

Kyle frowns. He walks back to Mason and sits down next to him. He puts the first aid kit down and looks at the window again. He softly pokes Mason's rib. "There's something watching you"

(I literally cried when typing that because it's like 1AM and its dark and quiet😭😭😞😞)

Mason turns around very fast. "What? Where? What is it? Where is it?" A tone of concern now.
Kyle blinks. "I don't know- it's gone now" he says and looks at the window again.

Mason looks at Kyle. Then at the window. There's a small red dot. He raises an eyebrow. "What is that red dot? I don't remember that being there?" He asks. Kyle looks at the window.

There indeed was a red dot. What did that mean again?

Laser pointer..?

IT WAS A SNIPER?

Kyle breathes faster as he realizes that it must be a sniper. That's the shooting line. They were about to get shot.

Kyle looks at Mason. Mason looks confused. What if it really was a sniper? The answer came to him as they hear a loud crack and the window shatters. Mason jumps and grabs Kyle's hand.

Kyle looks at Mason. "This isn't photos that are taken of us now, it's our lives, okay? You know, a real shooting. Not with photos" he says. Mason nods. "Yeah, I realized" he says.

"You know that song that goes something like: outrun my gun? That part? Nevermind, what do we do now?" Mason asks. Kyle shrugs. "I don't know, but its not very appropriate to film these type of things so stop your LIVE" he says.

Mason nods and quickly ends the live.

Kyle blinks. "I actually do not know what to do at all" he says. He looks at Mason. There was a red dot on his forehead.

No..

Kyle pulls Mason towards him.

A sound.

Crack.

A shatter of another window.

Kyle closes his eyes for a second. He then looks at Mason, he was uninjured. No blood. No sign of life. wait.

What.

No there was sign of life. He was alive. Breathing and stuff.

Kyle sighs. "What do they even get from shooting?" He asks. Mason shrugs. "I'll text my manager" he says and slides down a little further.

WORST MANAGER EVER😈

BOY WHAT THE HELL.

WHAT IS IT?

IM BEING SHOT AT.
IN KYLE'S HOUSE.
QUICK.
HOW DO I MAKE A GOOD IMPRESSION?!

get shot In the head.
He'll find that awesome.

but I'll be dead then. I want to witness his love ofcourse.

I'll have to think a lil more then.

HELLO?! IM DYING NOW.
DONT 'THINK A LIL MORE.' DONT GIVE ME THAT SHIT.
I NEED TO IMPRESS HIM NOW.
ITS NOW OR NEVER.

boy chill.
Get the fuck out of that house ASAP.

But the cat?!!?!??!!

Take it.
Damn you.

Alright.
And then?
Do I just kiss him?

Dont kiss a damn cat.

I WAS TALKING ABOUT KYLE.
WHY WOULD I KISS HIS CAT.
WHEN I CAN KISS HIM!?!?!?!?

idk.
Girl, it's your first time dying, how do you feel rn?

I feel kinda relaxed.
That's very bad actually but I am relaxed.
I don't think thats an appropriate feeling to have in a shooting but..

Oh
Alright.
It also works if you kiss him and then throw yourself at the shooter. It works so damn good everytime.

Girl, you ain't even had one person fall for you yet. What advice did I actually expect from you?
The fuck?

Well..
Uhm..
Goodluck

Mason puts down his phone. "Okay.. he didn't say anything helpful" he says as he turns to Kyle. Another red dot. On the cat. Kyle sees it. He quickly grabs the cat before the crack.

Kyle breathes heavily. His cat's live had almost been taken in front of him.

He quietly strokes the cat. Mason looks at him. Must be so hard, losing someone you like. Kyle almost experienced it when the dot was pointed at his(Mason's) head.

The cat runs to the door. Kyle quickly runs after it. He takes the cat back. "Dont go anywhere please" he begs/mumbles.

Mason takes the cat on his lap. He plays with it for a little while. The red dot appears on Kyle's knee. But it has been there for awhile. Kyle moves his knee. The dot is now on the carpet between them.

It was a horrible silence.
Kyle clears his throat. "And now?"