Rose

Ruby Rebeck's POV

I was at the wedding venue about to get ready. I had so much to do. I didn't have time to think about me and Hayden in the gardens. "You are one sneaky competitor," said Gwendolyn. I turned around to face her. "Excuse me?" I said as I kept rushing around. I didn't have time for this. I had to find my bridesmaid dress. "The gardens. I heard what Hayden and you spoke of" said Gwendolyn as that made me freeze. "That wasn't what you expected?," I said with a smile.

"You are such a bother" snapped gwendolyn. I was trying to get everything ready for Dorothy's wedding. All she was doing was standing in my way. "I found my match so just move on and be happy with Haris" said Gwendolyn. "No actually" I said as I dusted myself off. "What?" said Gwendolyn, upset. "I am not happy with him," I said vaguely. "You are engaged," she said.

"Yes and so are you but Hayden isn't happy either so we are both stuck with people we didn't want or neither are happy with" I said in a duh tone. "You are such a..." Gwendolyn was going to say. "Look if you have problems with this I would say just count you lose" I said as I walked out of the room and closed the door behind me. That was beyond the most annoying conversation.

"Dear there you are," said my mother. I walked towards the door where all the bridesmaids were getting ready. "Look at what your maid of honor dress looks like" said Piper as she opened the box. I untied the bow and opened the top of the box inside. It was the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. "That is so beautiful," said Dorothy. "I can't wait to put it on you," said Emily. "It's perfect," said my mother and sister. "Who ordered it?" I asked all the girls.

"Hayden did," said Lillian. She walked towards me and smiled and pulled me in for a hug. "He tried to get it here as soon as possible," said Elsie. "Oh he did, did he?" I said as I pulled the dress out of the box. "Hurry, we must get you ready," said Emily. She pulled me into the changing area and dressed me into the dress. "What kind of dress is this?" I asked Emily.

"Well Ruby, your dress is made from hundreds of tiny rose petals" said Emily as I looked closer at the design. They are all stitched together to make the most gorgeous dress that I have ever seen in my life. "It's magnificent" I said as I twirled around in. it was fully on and I walked out to show everyone. It's amazing" said Dorothy. She came to give me a hug. Her dress was spectacular. She was wearing a beautiful necklace that was shaped like a dragon.

"Is everyone ready to go?" said my mother. "Yes," said Lillian. We all go into position. Just liked that we heard the announcers call "Lord Max Vernon." just like before he walks out and bows to King and Queen Charlie and Sarah Sailsbury. After he was at the altar we started walking. In the stands was Haris who smiled brightly as he saw me. I did everything to avoid him. I was not comfortable with marrying a man like him. I was used for convenience which is wrong.

I saw Gwendolyn who found her way out of the closet and into the aisle. She was glaring at me as if I still had something to do with ruining her life. At least she knows that she will always be second in Hayden's life even when they are married. I still smiled and kept walking as the announcers called "Lady Dorothy Jeweller." As I made it to the king and queen we bowed and stood by the altar. There Hayden was looking at me. I kept his eyes on him until Dorothy and Max were ready to start their wedding. I looked at them happily as they could be.

As they talked about their love I couldn't help but listen to one important factor that they said. It made so much more sense to me when they said it. They didn't mess up anything like me and Hayden did. We made it more complicated for ourselves. He got engaged after I pushed him away. I got forced into an engagement because of my cousin. We still have feelings although we shouldn't. We are both unhappy now because of it. It is just a big mess because of us.

All Dorothy and Max did was go to the first ball knowing they were going to be happier together and went with it. "A woman can hide her love for forty years, but she cannot hide her hatred for even one hour" said Doeothy as she smiled at him. I remember what she was talking about. When we were younger and friends she always was upset and hid that fact it was a crush. It was how I knew that she liked him and how everyone also thought they were cute together.

"A man can hide his hatred of a woman for forty years, but he cannot hide his love for her for even one day" said Max as he said his part of their vows. It was their story in full honesty. They hated one another and secretly were in love. They had a small riverlily every day. Those were the good days. I looked to Hayden knowing that those words spoke so much truth. I wanted that with Hayden more than I wanted to breathe air. He was everything that I needed and wanted.

We looked at each other knowing exactly what those meant. It was so close to home that I felt like they were living the best feature for us. How could I not be even more happier for Max and Dorothy. They got their happily ever after. I watched them kiss to seal their marriage and I never cried so much happy tears. They should always feel happier about being with the one they love.