Red

Ruby Rebeck's POV

Today at our wedding my eyes were full of tears. My dress was long and it had roses designed into it. I sent out gold invitations so that everyone could make it. Yes I had a preferred theme and the king and queen helped pay for everything. We were their couple of the season. This was what everyone expected for the two of us. Our unconditional love they call it.

My dress was long and flowy like a princess dress. My heels were gold to match with the theme of course. My hair was for the first time in forever out of my normal hairstyle. It was down. I didn;t have it with a bride. I knew for my wedding that was going to be the one day it wouldn't be in my natural hairstyle. It just meant so much to me. I am grown up now and married.

My wedding ring was huge and it even came with a small wedding band. Hayden said the small wedding band was for how long we have known each other. There were just enough diamonds that were marked each year. It was a special moment for everyone. We had the biggest wedding of all. I was still so happy that this came true. I was deeply in love with Hayden.

My headpiece was like a tiara because the queen favored us. It was such a beautiful gift from the magisties. As I had finished getting ready with the help of Emily I heard the announcer call "Lord Hayden Basset." He walked down the aisle and bowed to the king and queen. Dorothy and Emily started to walk down the aisle as well. That's when the announcers called "lady Ruby Rebeck." my nerves were getting the best of me. I slowly walked towards the aisle.

I looked at Hayden and he was wearing a green suit. It was his color afterall. He had picked a gold ring to match mine. My bridesmaids were wearing gold dresses as well. The groom matched with gold suits. The venue was the same color as they had on. It was more white and beautiful to have ever seen such a thing. I walked down the aisle and bowed. After I made my way towards the altar. The ceremony was going to be beautiful. I was so excited.

The extra details were needed because it was champagne glasses. The seating arrangements were all put on mirrors with green vines. I couldn't wait for the wedding cake that was white and gold. I would have wanted a true royal wedding but I simplified it for Hayden. He wasn't into the big decorations. He grabbed my hands in his. I was still so happy with where I am now.

After all this time our love story was giving me serotonin that still feels unreal. The jealousy we had that neither of us understood. We had mutual pining and Hayden did not want to ruin the friendship. We thought it was the feeling of the other not feeling the same way. The rest of the town was waiting for us to get together. It is the most realistic love that anyone could ask for.

As I held onto Haydens hands they felt soft and warm. My hands were cold. His hands were so much bigger than mine. I wouldn't want to stop staring into his dark brown eyes. The more I thought about it, my heart was beating in my chest. We spoke our vows and even moved on to the next bit. "You may kiss the bride," said the priest. Hayden grabbed me and kissed me on the lips. I sunk into the soft kiss that left me wanting more. I was breathless. Everyone cheered.

Me and Hayden held hands as we turned to bow to the king and queen. We walked down the aisle and headed to the carriage. Everyone followed us outside the carriage. They waved us goodbye as we got inside the carriage. We soon reached our destination. We were back home. The one thing we needed to do was complete the marital act. We need to consummate.

I have always heard such things but never know what it truly meant. I was so scared. Of course men are taught this throughout the years. I know it is my duty to bear children and be the lady of the house. My only job is that. I was scared of doing this with anyone else. "Even before we were together I have always wanted you" said Hayden he pulled me close once we closed the doors. "Did you ever think about consummating with me?" I questioned Hayden slowly.

"I always had to stop myself," said Hayden. "How many times did you think of it?" I asked as he pulled me in closer. "You were always so cute and innocent I wondered what it would be like" said Hayden. We made it to our bedroom. "I wanted you so bad," said Hayden as he laid me on the bed. "Do you still want me as much?" I asked again. "Yes" breathed Hayden magnificently.

"I need to stop fantasizing," said Hayden as he removed his hands from me. I felt intimacy and passion. "I want you to do it" I said, noticing his eyes leap to the floor. "You are just so cute and harmless," said Hayden. "I'm your wife," I said to him. Just like that I was looking into his soft eyes again. We both had gotten undressed. "Let's consummate our marriage" I asked him. "You deserve to stay pure and innocent," said Hayden. I wanted to be a Basset and bear a child.

"It's a very sad and strange feeling when you want someone so bad but deep down you think it could never work" said Hayden as he traced my back with his finger. "It is," I said honestly. We both were laying in the bed naked not touching one another. His finger was the only thing I felt. "Let me be yours" I said as I pulled him close to me within seconds. The candlelight went out.