38

'Little prince, you cannot go.' Said Ping Shi while packing his things.

Xiang Ning felt distressed. The situation is confusing him a lot, he got kidnapped here by this guy and he suddenly found out that his Chang'ge is actually an heir of the most powerful martial arts clan. What else is there to learn about?

'Why?' Asked Xiang Ning.

Ping Shi sighed and shook his head.

He picked up a bundle of clothes and walked out of his cottage. He turned around and stared at the prince.

'Behave and stay here. Don't run around, the grand gathering will be over in no time.' Said Ping Shi before closing the door.

The small cottage fell into silence, only the crackling sounds of the fire in the corner is audible in the small space. Xiang Ning ran to the windows and peered out, nothing. Just white snow-covered ground.

He turned around and felt a little restless in his heart. How come this is so unsettling? He felt like something is being kept from him and he cannot tell what it is.

He furrowed his eyebrows and quickly ran towards the cupboard in the corner of the hut. Pulling out a long black cloak that Ping Shi left, he put it on himself.

If Ping Shi does not let him go, he can just sneak there by himself!

Climbing down the snowy mountain on the small rickety staircase that leads to the main Hu residence is not an easy task. His body is quite frail too so there were instances of him nearly falling off multiple times.

Nevertheless, luck is on his side, as he finally made it to the bottom of the staircase. Scurrying to a corner which is hidden from plain sight, he saw how people are walking left and right preparing carriages and things. They're about to set off?

Xiang Ning breathed heavily before tiptoeing towards a small roofless carriage. When no one is looking, he lifted the covers on the carriage and saw that this carriage has all the food supplies.

As a prince, he knows that in royal parades, the food carriage is always left unguarded at the far back of the whole parade. This is the perfect place to hide.

He quickly got into it and pulled the covers back and cover himself along with the foods.

'Is everything ready?' Came a voice from outside.

'Yes, let's tell the lord that we can set out any time he wishes.'

In a short period of time later, the carriage he is currently hiding in began to move along with horses hooves.

———

The journey there surprisingly is very peaceful, not many events happened and they managed to arrive to Hou Quan mountain without any mishaps.

Xiang Ning felt his stomach jolting as he heard the loud chatters of the upcoming crowd. The parade rolled into the entrance of the Hou Quan residence at the top of the mountain.

'Isn't this the Hu's parade?' Whispered a lady who is standing close enough to Xiang Ning's carriage for him to hear her clearly.

'Tch, lord Hu must be terribly angered once he heard the news that his rival stole away his beloved.'

'Right? But I think the Jin's heir is more deserving of the most beautiful woman in the martial arts world.'

'Xie Ting Ting and Jin Shan will make a great match.'

The whispers gradually weakened as the two walked further away. However, Xiang Ning inside the carriage has a lost expression.

Is Chang'ge getting married?

His chest felt stuffy and painful. He had never been this sad before when he heard news except when he found out that He Chang liked his sister.

How could He Chang go to marry someone else when he was just whispering sweet nothing's into his ears a few days ago?

Peeking out, Xiang Ning made sure that no one was around before quietly getting off the carriage. The view in front of him was amazing.

There is a giant residence in front of him. Crowds of people, each of them possessing incredible beauty walking around the area of the residence. The imposing monument seems as if it is reaching for the clouds. Such a masterpiece, it would be amazing that Xiang Ning could appreciate it.

However, at this moment, his mind is occupied with the fact that the man he loves will be marrying another woman.

The throbbing pain in his chest intensify even more. He couldn't imagine a life without that person.

After making sure that his cloak is in place, he snuck in through the fences when the guards were not looking and quickly made his way in the doors.

It seems like the Hu parade is a bit late so the ceremony has already proceeded. The coronation for the new Jin clan's head has already ended. Jin Shan is currently sitting at the altar of the Jin clan. He is clad in a black and golden robe, his aura cold and unapproachable.

His handsome face made many female cultivators in the area blush as red as tomatoes.

'How could there be such a handsome man in the Jin clan?'

'I'm truly jealous of his fiancé.'

Ting Ting is adorning a light blue gown robe, silver jewelries dripped from her dark hair. She really is the top beauty of the cultivation world.

Hu Long walked towards the two with a cup of white wine in his hand. Ting Ting's face stiffened upon seeing Hu Long's presence. Ping Shi followed his lord obediently from the back.

'Truly a match made in heaven. One is handsome and mighty, the other is beautiful and bright. I wish the Jin's head and Miss Ting Ting a happy life!' Said Hu Long merrily.

Jin Shan merely stared and pursed his lips into a quick smile.

'Thank you, lord Hu.'

The seemingly happy scenes are all viewed and seen by Xiang Ning. Tears rolled down slowly from his eyes, how could things end up like this?

'Hey! You there!'

Widening his eyes, the prince knew that he was discovered. Two guards grabbed his arms and threw it to the middle of the crowd. Everyone went into a deathly silence, their focus drifted from Jin Shan and Ting Ting towards the small figure covered with a black cloak in the middle of the hall.

The seven elders all turned to look at the prince with furrowed eyebrows. Who is this? How could he daringly break in?

The guards ripped the black cloak away. The hideous face of the person underneath caused everyone to put on a disgusted face immediately.

Ping Shi's eyes dimmed.

What is the little prince doing?

To Be Continued...