Chapter 1: The Swans Arrive.

What do you do when there is a thin line between life or death? Do you choose life, do you choose death, or do you choose your own way? Will you write your own future or will you be decided by fate? Well- it doesn't matter what you choose.. Just choose... Wisely

Chapter 1: The Swans arrive

3rd person:

In a bedroom, we see a person, who are they you might ask? His name is Luka Swan. He may seem intimidating but they're really not. Luka was currently packing their last bag, the other two being in the car, when he heard "Luka!" from downstairs. "Yes?" he replies, confused on why they got called. "Are you almost done? We have a flight to catch," it was a male voice, his adoptive mother's husband, Phil.

Oh? Has that much time passed? They thought. He finishes packing and goes downstairs to see his adoptive older sister Isabella, Bella she liked to be called, holding a cactus. "You good Isa?" He asks, his Italian accent showing, even though he has lived in America since he was 5 it was still there. Isa looks at them. "I'm fine," she says while cringing at the nickname he gave her. Luka smiles. "Oh my babies," His adoptive mother, Renee says while hugging him and Bella. "You know yall don't have to go, right," she says, letting them go. "We want to Mom," Bella says, lying through her teeth. Luka just nods.

He turns toward Phil before saying, "Don't we have a plan to catch Phil?" "Yes we do," Phil says as Luka heads towards the car, bag in tow. "Let's go girls. Luka's already heading towards the car." Phil drives them to the airport where they say their goodbyes. Just as Phil and Renee were leaving, Luka called out to them. "Phil," Luka says. Phil turns. "Take care of my mama," They say. Phil nods and leaves. "Let's go," he says to his sister. "Okay," Bella says.

Luka and Bella land in Seattle where Charlie, Luka's adoptive and Bella's biological dad, was waiting for them. After getting their luggage, Bella and Luka head towards Charlie. "Hey Dad," Luka says. Charlie's eyes widen before going back to normal. "You look different Luka, Hey Bells," Charlie says, taking most of Luka's luggage. "I- okay," Luka says. "Hi char- dad," Bella says, almost saying, Charlie.

"So, I'm going to sit in the back because I have the most bags and I want to take a nap," Luka says, yawning and getting in the back of the police cruiser while Charlie puts Luka's luggage in the seat beside him.

Charlie and Bella get in the car and they start heading to Forks, there was an awkward silence until everyone heard a Hiss from the seat beside Luka. "..What the hell was that," Charlie says. Bella looks at Luka before saying, "You don't think?" "Er..It might..," Luka responds.

Luka looks over and sees what made the noise. "Banana! What are you doing in my suitcase?!" "The fu-...uh who is banana..." Charlie asks. "Their pet snake," Bella says. "HUH-" "Oh- right. I was told I should have an emotional support animal-" Luka was saying before getting cut off by Charlie saying, "And you chose a snake?!" "Uhm..yes?" "I- okay."

"Wait.. Weren't you going to leave Banana with Mom and get him shipped to you?" "Er. ..yes...." Luka says, before realizing something. "How did you get out of your cage, sweet thing?" Luka asks, talking to the snake. Said  snake just sticks its tongue out and hisses at Luka. "Don't hiss at me like that.." Luka says before poking the snake,

After a while, Luka sleeps and slept out the rest of the trip to Forks and missed the awkward exchange between Bella and Charlie, both not knowing what to say and not having someone to keep the conversation going *cough* Luka *cough*. When they got to Forks, Charlie started to get the luggage out while Bella went to wake Luka up.

"Luka, wake up Bella says. Luka doesn't respond. Banana hisses before booping its nose against Luka's, waking them. "Huh? Are we there already?" "Yes" "Oh." Shouldn't we go unpack," Bella says. "Yeah..Let's go banana!"

Luka walks into the house, smiling at how it has not changed much. He walks into the kitchen and looks into the cabinets. Empty huh.. Luka thinks. They zone out, thinking about school and other things. Meanwhile, Jacob and Billy Black pull into the Swan residence and Charlie greets them. Bella, who heard them pull up, goes downstairs and sees Luka staring into space.

"Luka? What are you doing?" Bella asks, concerned. "Huh- Oh..I was just thinking..." Luka says. "Okay?" Bella says. "Kids! Can you come outside?" Charlie says from outside. "Coming!" Luka says, going outside. "You guys remember the Black's right?" Charlie asks. There was a yes from both Luka and Bella, Luka actually remembering and Bella pretending.

"Is that a Snake?!" Billy Black's son, Jacob, asks. "Yes, this is Banana," Luka says while Banana curls around their neck, hissing. "O-oh. It won't hurt me..right?" Jacob asks. "Not if you don't provoke him," Luka says, looking at Jacob with his piercing blue eyes.

"Luka stop intimidating Jacob and come join me in our truck," Bella says. "Our? Isabella Marie Swan, I hope you know that I haven't driven since my accident," Luka says. Both Bella and Charlie flinch upon hearing that, knowing that Luka doesn't like talking about their accident.

Unfortunately, No one told a certain Jacob Black about it. "What accident?" Jacob questions. "That is none of your business Black. I do hope that you don't hold a grudge on how rude I'm coming off as right now but that my accident is something private that in the future...I might share it with you. I am extremely tired and I'm going to bed. Dad, can you escort me?" Luka says.

Billy, Jacob, and Bella, silently, watched as Charlie and Luka walked inside the Swan residence. Jacob broke the silence by asking, "How bad was it?" Bella frowned before saying, "They still have nightmares about it and won't really talk about it."

"Have you tried getting him a therapist?" Billy asks. "..Yes. Luka refuses ever since a therapist said the wrong thing and set him off." Bella says. "Ah. Well-" Billy starts to say but is cut off when Luka calls for Bella. "I gotta go. I think char- dad is going to take yall home in a sec. It was nice seeing you two," Bella says, as she went inside.